The Long Journey Home

OOC: Inside + Ghost

Much of the group stands around letting the alien do his talk. Arthur does notice that the traps are indeed similar though these ones are either really deadly or made for wounding with nothing in between.

After a little while the new group of aliens lower their guns. Your friend waves you along and you follow close behind.

Meanwhile in a corner watching the exchange and the group going back to where the aliens came from is Ghost. He too has no idea what the exchange was about but does know they are headed back to the base.

Once the group is at the base, it takes them quite a lot of twists and turns. They find themselves in a large bunker area with only one exit. The tunnel they just came in on. There is a central building with a few soldiers marked around it who are more well equipped than the rest of the group. Around the edges of the encampment is basically a shantytown of very scared aliens seeing even more of these strange suited men.

The aliens usher the group into the central building where they see an alien similar to the big ones with smaller claws on arms, sat on a floating hover disk. The alien makes a couple noises at the group. Those with linguistics are starting to pick up what is in effect a greeting.

[sblock=2 DOS for linguistics]
The alien says words to the effect: "Greetings, I have seen some of your kind already. I presume you are here for the same reason, oh you don't understand what I am saying let us do this card thing all over again."
[/sblock]

A screen is presented to the group with a huge amount of cards that can be clicked and shown. The alien then clicks through a couple of the cards for the group showing the following.

A claw pointed towards you, a show of confusion, then a show of a group of alien military soldiers.

OOC: There is quite a lot of different cards, if you can think of something shown pictorially is likely there and you can try to use it in conversation.

OOC: Outside

"You will likely have to bust a cap in their ass!" Remi says "Don't reveal yourselves unless absolutely necessary, they might not know you are on the surface. Possibly use that to your advantage?"

Snowflake sweeps the area looking for Blanchot that has gone into hiding, Blanchot has the options of entering one of the four buildings easily or try to do something about this rogue tank.

Last edited:

'Ghost'

First Post
Upon returning to the camp he watches as his fellow starseekers get ushered into the central building. He heads over towards Ray

Whatever it was that triggered the alarm, it's long gone. Your squad has just turned up, they must have finished sweeping the other buildings.

He then walks towards the central building, arriving a few minutes after the squad has been shown in and engaged conversation with the 'leader'.

I see echo has found it's way to this little slice of paradise. Private Mourisette is also here, safe, though currently engaged with his little alien friend, so captain Bauhdric, anything of consequence to report? Also, how's my squad doing? I've been unable to contact anyone outside this building since I entered, I did relay my co-ordinates before I headed in but my squad were in combat at the time.

The stone look on his face, the mask people have grown accustomed too.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail emerged from behind the monolith of Captain Bauhdric's torso.

Nice to see you too captain. Mikhail waved and switched to a more serious tone. We cleared the building, found some toasters and one of the aliens inside, the one that is not bleeding to death slowly, the bleeding one is Echo's. I tried sending a drone to you but it went missing and we found the tank sabotaged although I think I can fix it given some right parts. How has your day been. Oh and before I forget we met your friend, charming fellow, we left him with Remi. How come you never mentioned you had a friend in the Hotel squad?

'Ghost'

First Post
Turning to mikhail....

Friend? I know no-one else outside echo and sierra, there's a member of hotel squad here as well? What happened to the rest of their squad? Why was he sent down here? I was under the impression that sierra and echo were the planetside team, why would a member of hotel squad be here. Did you get my 'friends' name?

After a brief pause

You'll probably find your drone laying around this building somewhere, the aliens have set up some sort of jamming device, hence the reason I couldn't contact anyone. If you're drone works on a similar frequency to the toasters then it's likely it was knocked out as well. Though you're guess would be as good as mine as to where it might have entered the jamming field. Well my day was....interesting we'll say.

After taking a short-pause to catch his breath.

I followed private Mourisette in here when he breached without my order, due to a communication error. Once inside I found him looking at a trap, we found our friends here. They didn't take to kindly to me and captured us. It's only recently we were released and spent the time trying to communicate with them. Other then that something tripped their sensors just before you got here but we couldn't find it, and there was another alien...

He moves to the doorway and gestures to the cell and hole in the wall

Like us he was a prisoner until he decided to bend the bars of his cell and make his escape through that tunnel. Some aliens were sent after it but they've yet to return, from what I could gather it seems that alien had killed another of it's kind, but I've no idea why or when. As you can probably guess 'alien' isn't my second language, and I've only been able to use these pictures to from some sort of conversation.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
He said his name was Carl. He mentioned you being captured and something about you shooting the Canadian by accident, so I assumed you ran into him outside.

Blanchot was just one man and there was a tank. He could go and fight it, he did have two swords that could cut through metal and a suit with rocket boots. But he weighed up his options. At this moment in time, self preservation is probably an option since he probably should go back to the Wanderer in one piece so that he can find the rat who put him into this situation in the first place. So in his mind, a sneak attack would be good.

For now, he's going to head into one of the buildings so that he can get into the optimal position for such an attack.

OOC: Any of these buildings have a second floor?

'Ghost'

First Post
Thinking: That name again, I've got enough to deal with I don't need another mystery person claiming to know me

If I intended to shoot private Mourisette I can guarantee he wouldn't walk away from it. I don't miss or accidently hit anything, I always hit my intended target. That being said I havn't accidently shot him either, seems this Carl character has lied to you about that. Might have even lied about his name for all we know, when we get out of here I'll be sure to have a chat with him, and the rest of hotel squad for that matter.

Ray_Ray

First Post
Rey smiled and spoke to the alien <As fun as playing cards would be I figure it would be quicker if we just talked no> she said, tapping on a keypad to give the rough specifics of what he is saying to the rest of the group. She smiled gently as she paused <Just to make sure we are on the same page, why do you think we are here... um... what would you prefer I called you>, she was slow as she spoke, taking time to enunciate each word and double check her logic, she probably did sound a little simple to the aliens.

2 Destiny to get the 2DOS
(imagine her typing in internetspeak, lot of dropped vowels and shorthand, why this won't be spoilered)

Ray Ray

First Post
"He does? I... Wait a minute!"

He waited for Ghosts return and ran over as he spotted Ghost rejoining more members of the planetside team.

"Ey! Wait up! You'll be pleased to know I'm fine, and so is cap'n triggerunhappy. Nah I'm just messin' with you Ghost. Private Morissette reporting for...continued... duty. Cap'n, Campbell, Reybunny, good to see you're in tip top shape, ey?"
He didn't even mention the small alien he was giving a piggyback... Nor the fact that he'd left his post and therefore his team unguarded, or that he was nearly shot through the head by Ghost. Some things were just better left unsaid or saved till debriefing.

Remove ads