The Lost Boys vs The Sunless Citadel

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Nope, did everything you said- on the preview Sig it had the text and the URL address type thing- still nothing.

I've just previewed this post before submitting it and it looks like this-

Preview
Nope, did everything you said- on the preview Sig it had the text and the URL address type thing- still nothing.

And yet...

Richard Rawen

First Post
Any chance you have Sigs disabled in your options?

Up at the top, click the drop down menu for "My Account"

Choose "My User Control Panel"

Choose "Edit Options" from the menu on the left side...

Under the third block, titled "Thread Display Options"
There's an option for "Show Signatures"

It's a bit of a stretch, however, as it is default to checked (as it should be)
But, if it is unchecked, then check it and maybe that will help????

Grasping at straws here... perhaps we can poke an Admin and see what's what.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
I think you've cracked it- sorta, it was-

These additional post elements can be turned on or off by selecting them (These settings won't be processed by the server until after the next forum upgrade - they're being installed now for functionality testing)
Don't Show Thread Previews
Don't show Post Icons
Don't Show New Threads in Bold
Don't Show Subscribed Threads in Italics
Show User Signatures More Than Once per Page
Show Display Options on Top

Second one up, Show User Signatures More Than Once per Page - bloody marvelous. I feel I've learnt something.

Thanks all- top work, maybe now I can get back to writing.

Thanks Richard, thanks Hatchling (hope you don't mind me using your first name).

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Thanks all what with Sig thing fixed I feel the need to carry on...

Turn 3.5

Warning dear reader the epistle below has a high broad Yorkshire accent content, for those uninitiated in the mysteries of the Yorkshire dialect then the following may help you along the road.

Warnin eh up reada t' epistle bela 'as eur 'igh broad Yorksha accent content, for those uninitiated int' mysteries o' t' Yorksha accen'tli' then t' followin may 'elp theur along t' ruwad.

This is of course because a vast majority of the Goblinoid races come from Yorkshire- you were all thinking it, I’ve just gone that extra mile and said it.

Dis is o' course 'cos eur vast majority o' t' Goblinoid races belong Yorkshire- theur wor orl thinkin it, I’ve just gone 'a' extreur mile 'n sez it.

Bloody hell- stop that.

Bloody 'ell- gi'o'a 'a'.

Durnn, Goblin Chief, & Top Farter.​

Durnn, a face like thunder, creases furrow his Hobgoblin brow, his piggy eyes tight shut, sits on his throne and… What is he doing? Grenl, a third of Durnn’s size, Goblin priestess of Maglubiyet, the Lord of Depths and Darkness, stands close to her chieftain waiting, expectant.

Around the circular chamber other Goblins and Hobgoblins shuffle, avoiding, as best they can, the sight of their chief. Time stretches, nothing moves, except perhaps the spiky bush in a plant pot by the throne- there is no breeze here however.

Eventually…

PPPPPaaaRRRp

Durnn quickly reaches between his legs, scoops and cups quickly catching the fart smell, and just as swiftly stretches out his hollowed hands to Grenl, opens them slightly as Grenl edges her nose into the gap in his hands.

SNNNNIIIFFFFF

Grenl straightens, too quickly, takes a woozy step back to steady herself, still several feet away from the cavernous hole in the chambers floor that stretches down into the dark and unknown depths, a ring of tendril like lianas outline the inky abyss.

Grenl closes her eyes, blinks them open once or twice, all trance-like, then suddenly snaps them open again- stares hard at her master, she has her answer.

“You’ve bin eyting…”

Durnn leans forward.

“Thy favourite- 'uman.”

‘AR ‘AR

Durnn chuckles and nods- she’s good, the priestess, never wrong.

PAAAArP

He lets another one go, clacks his mouth open and shut, tastes the stink in the air- Human, his favourite food.

EEEERRRRRRR

The massive double doors swing open- a Goblin pokes his head into the chamber, it’s Ringpull Fliptop, a lowly guard. He staggers into the room- creeps forward, then sights his chieftain and falls to his knees. He’s out of breath, or else very nervous, taking huge gulps of air.

“Lut, ah av dire news.”

Durnn looks up, notices Ringpull.

“Speyt.”

Ringpull looks around, in search of friends- he finds none.

“T' Dragon… it’s bin teken.”

“WHHHHAAAAAATT?”

Durnn leaps off his throne, the bloodstained chest he uses as a footrest rocks back and forth.

“WWHHHATTT?”

He charges up to Ringpull, grabs him roughly- drags him to his feet and up, face to face, Ringpull’s feet dangle at least two feet from the floor. Ringpull looks left, the never ending darkness of the hole, it would be easy for Durnn to just throw him in.

“It wor teken, adventurers- 'eear int' Citadel, thee tuk t' Dragon- 'eaded off, teur t' Kobahds- 'Amfield… ah think.”

“’A?”

“Thee killed many… menny, many… a alsooarts.”

“'N 'a did theur cum ta kna dis?”

“Ah saw 'em, ah wor 'iding- thee nivva saw uz. 'onest. even t' Elf.”

‘AR ‘AR

Durnn rumbles then settles for a low chuckle, he pivots round, Ringpull now dangles fully over the abyss.

“'A menny?”

“Er… fowa, neya five- thee 'ed eur Kobowd wi' 'em.”

“Wha' did thee skeg li'?”

“Elf wor warrior, ah think, or sneyty, don’t kna which, t' leader- 'e issued orders. 'E 'ed t' dragon on 'is 'ead- it liked 'im. Tincan- warrior, gormless lookin, summa' unda nose, not 'air- li' slug. Anotha tincan, scruffy looking- could be priest, dunnoa why, think. Last, tall wi' pointy noggin, wooar eur frock wi' star 'n moon on, could be lady, neya 'andbag though.”

“'Un Elf- t' others?”

“'Uman- orl o' others. 'Uman.”

Durnn stretches his arm out, right over the black hole, shakes Ringpull violently.

“Truth?”

“'Onest. 'Onest. Swear by Maglab… Magliy… Maglayby… Grenl, swear on priestess. ‘Onest.”

Durnn swings hard around, Ringpull still in hand, drops the terrified Goblin on solid ground, Ringpull quickly struggles to his feet.

“Gerr t' others, we nip on …”

Ringpull goes to skedaddle, Durnn launches out an arm- stops him.

He rises to his full height, looks fierce, and goes all googly-eyed.

SNIFF SNIFF

Durnn looks down at Ringpull, who covers his face with his hands.

“WHOA FARTED?”

Ringpull chances a look, Durnn is inches from his face.

“WHOA-‘AS-FARTED?”

Ringpull gulps.

“Theur av Lut?”

‘AR ‘AR

“Gerr others, nip on. Tahhm ea', favourite- 'Uman. We kill Kobahds tooa, for once 'n for orl. Evatown smash 'Amfield.” Durnn announces.

Ringpull scurries off as Durnn strides back to his throne, motions to Grenl, the Goblin priestess sidles up, all teeth- grinning.

“Lut?”
“'Umans, twoa fert Ahtcast, 'un for me- sem as afowa.”
“'N t' Elf?”

Durnn grins.

“Puddin.”

He stands up quickly, and is off again towards the door, the guards swiftly fall in line.

EEEEERRRRRR

Pushes the huge doors open.

“DUR-UN DUR-UN DUR-UN DUR-UN”

The assembled Goblins chant- ready for war. Durnn waves an arm, signals silence. His warriors obey.

“Cum, we nip on.”

And at a run.

The Goblin women and children congregate to watch the army depart, they ululate their farewell to the warrior braves.

“TEEUR TAHM. TEEUR TAHM. TEEUR TAHM.”

The warriors too fill the air with the sounds of their bloodcurdling screams and shouts.

“DEEE-ARRRR-AY.
We’re Durnn’s republican army.
We’re barmy.

Whereva we gew.
We fear neya foe.
Because we’re Durnn’s republican army.”

The stomp of the Goblin’s boots and the clash of their weapons on their shields echoes back to the women.

They go to destroy.

Next Turn- Who knows? We’re upto date- anything could happen, pray for TPK.

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Just to say I've started another story hour entitled-

Legends are made, BUUUURP not born. FART. Bugger.

It's about, well, this is wot I wrote-

Here follows another story hour, my main game- you can catch the party of newbies I DM at The Lost Boys Vs. The Sunless Citadel however, go on, you might like it. Unlike that game the players here are much more mature, at least in years and experience. Therefore the language and topics in places may, or may not, get a little fruity. I have, however, at all times, done my best to make sure it is suitable for almost every ear.

And begins with-

Dungeon Crawl Classics #0 Legends are Made, not Born
An Adventure for 0 Level Characters

You may want to check it out, of course you may not- smile, you're nearly there.

And goodnight.

Am I off my noddle, I thought you said that someone died, and that it would be coming up in the Story Hour. Now you've said you're caught up, yet nobody's died. It's a Paradox!

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Am I off my noddle, I thought you said that someone died, and that it would be coming up in the Story Hour. Now you've said you're caught up, yet nobody's died. It's a Paradox!

I actually said-

Their first dungeon delve is going great so far- no casualties, oh wait I forgot- the parties best fighter dies some time very soon, so read on.

And I didn't lie, what you don't see when I write these things up are some of the missed roles, so in the big fight, four Goblins vs. Aleso the Paladin we were actually there for ten minutes or so. Aleso's To Hit rolls were something like- 4, 12, 10, 9, 6, 8, 12 and so on, obviously I only write up the good bits.

And Aleso's the best fighter they have, left alive.

They're best fighter was...

Bonesy, Grand Alf's Skellie, in his short undeath he never missed once. Now when you're sat round a table, rolling the dice, that's fairly obvious, particularly when the others can't hit a barn door from two paces, perhaps not so obvious from the story hour, my bad, he was sadly mourned however, James (aged 10 remember) was really not happy when he died.

I thought it might keep a few people reading too.

Thanks, as always.

Last edited:

Corran

Explorer
Loved it as usual. :)

The Barmy Army joke was fun. Now I'm trying to think which monsters make good Brummies, Mancunians and what have you. ;-)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases