• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth is up (EDIT-All Chapters Now Added)

catsclaw227

First Post
I am on the fence about whether it's a good idea to release the adventures in parts like this. On one hand, it's not like anyone is going to get through all parts in one session, but I like to look through the whole adventure before I DM it.

I guess I could just wait to read them when they are all posted...

On that note, though, the first 3 parts have been enjoyable. It's a quality adventure and I am starting to like the delve format.

JoeGKushner

First Post
MerricB said:
Note that both Dungeon & Dragon magazines aren't at full-speed mode yet. We're getting basically half the content each month that they expect to have when everything gets together.

Cheers!

Do you have a link for that Merric? And an ETA on when everything is getting together? I mean, I know this whole e-thing came out of nowhere after the completely unexpected implosion of Dragon and Dungeon print magazines and they had to scrabble furious just to put this together... :p

Overall, so far it's a great translation of the original with some fun extrapolations. I'm looking forward to seeing Chapter 4.

Fun with Chapter 3 (now downloadable as one file Chapters 1-2-3 ... argh):

"Lludd speaks a smattering of several languages." Lludd StatBlock: "Languages: Common." Huh?

"Muscular action closes the hole" makes an appearance! Yay!

I don't understand why some caverns get "tactical encounters", while others do not. Area 2 is a more straightforward encounter than Area 3 or 4, for example, but only Area 2 gets a tactical encounter. What's up with that? I personally find it frustrating that some rooms have enough information to get you started, some have the entire area described, and some have you flip directly to the tactical encounter. It's inconsistent (and I dislike page-flipping).

Why do the tactical maps on pages 61-62 suddenly change to 5' squares and show monster locations? It's a good change, actually -- I wish they'd done it for the other tactical maps, particularly sice later on they switch back to the 10' square maps.

I know these are free adventures and I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I do hope the editing quality and consistency for Dungeon improves to what it was under Paizo.

Sunderstone

First Post
I cant get to the 2nd and 3rd parts of this as I forgot my password to gleemax. I dont see a "forgot your password?" type link anywhere either
:\

spunky_mutters

First Post
I have to admit that when I saw Drelnza was a Samurai, I blacked out for a few minutes.

It's okay to file the serial numbers off a class to get appropriate mechanics, but if you're doing a famous character from a well-loved module, you might want to consider avoiding what is perhaps the most hated class in all of 3.x.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Looks like the adventure has been updated with Part 4: The Hollow of the Horn...

Weighing in at a total of 94 pages for all 4 parts. Hi and Lo res downloads available.

Remove ads