• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mésalliance. Part 1. (Updated 4/18.)

Kestrel

Explorer
Although its not hell, this update reminds me of the picture in the 1ed PHB, Paladin in Hell.

Usually its been the casters (Mostin and Nwm) that have wowed me in this story, but this time, the day definitely goes to Eadric.

Wow.

Pyske

Explorer
I've greatly enjoyed the screen time both Eadric and Ortin have gotten in the last couple updates. It's good to see the non-spell casters continue to have a significant role in epic play (and gives me ideas for how to keep things interesting in future campaigns of my own). Keep up the great storytelling, Sep.

. . . . . . . -- Eric

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Sepulchrave II said:
***This incident is worthy of note. Eadric's player – Marc – has this annoying habit of pulling off stunts like this. One would think that sticking a yagnoloth (a 10th level Fighter yagnoloth, to boot) directly in the path of a size M creature would ensure the ultroloth some space to either use a few more spell-likes, or to teleport away if things got sticky for it.

But, no. Eadric invoked the Strength domain and Righteous Might, charged, overran the yagnoloth, Power Attacked at +20, smote the ultroloth and scored a critical hit, reducing the daemon to around 30 hp. :rolleyes:

That's awesome!

I love the way that Eadric cleared a space with holy word, and Nwm's subsequent comments.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Wow.
Eadric struck again, but wearily, and as it crumpled next to him, he knew that his strength was waning swiftly.
Is a bad combo against:
Ainhorr, he thought to Shomei. Ainhorr will come.

And what happened with Mostin putting himself in the aperture of the Paling?

gaaaaaaaaa

p.s. Dare we ask where to find Pants' 'loths? Time to hit the Rogue's Gallery...

Jackylhunter

First Post
Truely epic! But I have a feeling that Eadric is just getting warmed up. Especially when Ainhorr shows up. Now THAT will be an epic battle. I hope the gang is prepaired...;)

gfunk

First Post
I would like to compliment your awesome Story Hour once again Sep, but I just can't find the words. So, instead, let me blatantly plagarize from one of my favorite websites:

Sep's Story Hour is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. This guy is totally awesome and that's a fact. This story hour is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to read the next update. I love this story hour with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Spatula

Explorer
Elemental said:
What did Shomei shapechange into from Hellfire Wyrm form? I'm guessing either a force dragon or gem dragon.
None of the gem dragons or epic dragons have a paralyzing breath weapon (or a mirror-like appearance). I don't know what it was.

Wrahn

First Post
Elemental said:
What did Shomei shapechange into from Hellfire Wyrm form? I'm guessing either a force dragon or gem dragon.

She turned into a silver dragon and used their "other" breath weapon.

Love the story Sep, keep up the good work.

wolff96

First Post
Wow.

Righteous wrath, millions of demons going every which way, Hellfire Wyrms circling the skies... THIS is what epic play is all about.

Way to go, Sepulchrave, way to go.

aros

First Post
shapechange

what rules do people use for shapechange? my dm has ruled a hd cap = to the user's hd. does anyone else use that rule? to me it seems as if that rule sorta shafts the power of a 9th level spell. btw we are playing in 3.5

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads