• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Mésalliance. Part 1. (Updated 4/18.)

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Sepulchrave II said:
Gambling, the ultroloth spoke a power word. The capture of the Ahma was a prize for which much should be risked. Eadric's celestial defense failed, and for a fraction of a second the daemon exulted. But still Eadric did not succumb. He struck, and the daemon perished.

So all these dead demons really dead? Or are they just banished back to the Abyss?

But, struck by a dispelling, the shapechange on Nwm fizzled and vanished, and both he and Eadric plummeted back to the ground.

Wow! Good thing Nwm can wildshape.

-z

Alejandro

First Post
gfunk, I laughed so hard my wife looked at me funny. Which website did you plagiarize from?

Sep, awesome post as always. Though I only post when you start a new thread, I am ever lurking, ever hopeful to catch a glimpse of your writing.

Old Gumphrey

First Post
o_O

what rules do people use for shapechange? my dm has ruled a hd cap = to the user's hd. does anyone else use that rule? to me it seems as if that rule sorta shafts the power of a 9th level spell. btw we are playing in 3.5

The 3.5 shapechange was given errata to the tune of 1 HD / caster level (max 25 HD). Polymorphing once per round at will for 170+ minutes is hardly a shaft. Your DM is doing it right.

The 3.5 shapechange was given errata to the tune of 1 HD / caster level (max 25 HD). Polymorphing once per round at will for 170+ minutes is hardly a shaft. Your DM is doing it right.

Yep. 3.5.1 shapechange is actually much more reasonable, - I'm pretty slack on integrating errata, and I was still digesting the 3.5 rules.

You can still get some pretty funky results, though. A 25th level caster could technically shapechange into a gloom, solar, hellfire wyrm or whatever. Note that the balor's sword is also (Su) - arguably it should be allowed as well (not that I would). This fact did not escape Mostin's player, as you can probably imagine.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I think is the coolest battle scene you've written to date Sep. Great job. An epic abyssal war between demons. What the hell has Eadric gotten himself into? *shakes head*

Remove ads