• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Middle Man

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Do folks think they are playing up Dubby's boyfriend to work for some nefarious anti-middleman organization run by Manservant?
Not that they've been foreshadowing that something could go wrong w/ Tyler... ;)

Manservant has a bad person role in the comics AFAIK, so I wouldn't be surprised. Plus, Mark Sheppard gives off the "I'm not a good guy" vibe anyway. Or has since good ole Badger in Firefly.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So, is this the end of the show? Will it get picked up? Signs do not look good, but I still have hope.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
So, is this the end of the show? Will it get picked up? Signs do not look good, but I still have hope.
Haven't heard one way or the other. The shortening was a "mutual decision", and there is a M&M mail in campaign (according to the blog), but that's all I've heard.

Did enjoy last night, however. Here's hoping (but not holding my breath. Too many disappointments).

Villano

First Post
I'm a little confused. Isn't a palindrome something that's spelled the same backward as forward, like "racecar", "1991" or "Never odd or even"? So, how is "a man, a plan, a canal" a palindrome? Put it together and you've got "amanap lanac anal" or "lana canal panama". "Canal panama" isn't a backward spelling of the initial phrase, and you still have an extra "l-a-n-a". :-S

They should have gone with "A man, a pain, a mania, Panama"...

Last edited:

Villano

First Post
The palindrome - a rather famous one, that the writers probably expected to be self-explanatory - is:

A MAN, A PLAN, A CANAL: PANAMA

Okay, I see. You have to add "Panama" to the end to make it work. Considering they were only working with the first three when they solved it, I thought that was all there was to the puzzle. It wasn't until I read this that I realized that they found the picture of the hat right before Dubby got sucked into the mirror world. :blush:

Remove ads