The most terrifying place to have a battle

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
It might sound cliché, but a bridge over a pit of lava was quite a location for the final battle of Rubies of the Black Flame...

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Two ideas, riffing off other folks:

Have you ever read Johnny Mnemonic? (If you've only seen the movie, scrub your brain clean and go track down the short story. Much better). There's a gang of folks who live on bridgeways between abandoned skyscrapers, hundreds of feet above the earth. A running battle across these crude bridges could be fun. The story's climax occurs in a great arena -- but I won't spoil it for you :D

A goth club (or any sort of trendy dance club) might be fun. Loud, pulsing music, which you actually play; flashing lights, if you have any -- and then the power is cut (you turn off the music and the lights), there's a moment of silence, in which the bad guys says some taunting words ("I can see youuuuuuuuu...."), and then people start screaming. If the bad guy chases them down an empty alley, and then you describe the recessed doorway with the bouncer outside it and the faint strains of dance music coming from inside, I guarandamntee you your players will take the bait.

Also, I don't know how you do it, but you have to use the egg-timer trick. That's awesome!

Daniel

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Of course the cool thing about New Orleans during Mardi Gras is that the screaming never stops! :D

Isolated incidents of mayhem and violence wouldn't stop the party and have everyone running from the area. Maps, photos and information is readily available online. Lots of the locations mentioned above could be used in conjunction with it.

Giant paper mache heads! Costumed people on stilts! The next day it would take quite some time to sort out the dead bodies from the passed out drunks!

Yes, my friend! New Orleans is the place to go! :D

Remove ads