The most terrifying place to have a battle

SonOfLilith

First Post
All great ideas! keep them coming! The more origanal the better! I would also like ideas outside the game to enhance the setting. Ie, dimming lights, ect.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Major construction site. Cement mixers, girders, rebar, exposed electrical systems, piping, fencing, tools.

Abandoned prison (Alcatraz motif).

Massive hardcopy library. As rare as real books are in Shadowrun, might be interesting to have the encounter in some eccentric collector's massive library - all the care that the collector puts into keeping the books safe ... including traps ... and guards.

A zoo. Lions. Tigers. Bears. Griffons. Oh, my.

Polydamas said air or heliport.

Underwater domed building, perhaps a research laboratory or tourist attraction. "Way to go, slick, that last Panther Cannon round breached the hull and, oh, look, its the Pacific Ocean coming to play."

Junkyard. Endless maze of old crushed automobiles. Plenty of impromptu weapon options.

Arcane Runes Press has a pretty good idea: how 'bout a circus?

Hospital. Rent _Hard Boiled_ starring Chow Yun Fat, to see how a (highly stylized and coreographed, yet amazing) gun battle plays out in the place where they're supposed to stitch you back together, not blow you apart.

Fish market.

Moving train (high speed mag-lev rail - not as easy to jump off)

Condemned hotel.

Hope it goes well. Have fun.

Warrior Poet

Zerovoid

First Post
Sort of like the school or mall idea, maybe a hospital. The PC's are there for some reason, and the beast cuts the power and begins to attack them. Suddenly doctors are running around everywhere trying to deal the people whose life sustaining devices have lost power. Lots of really scared people for the PC's to interact with. Maybe they run across a burn victim who looks like a monster, or maybe its the other way around. They might occasionally find a patient that has been slaughtered by the beast. Also, it might chase them to the mental ward, and then they have to deal with insane people trying to talk to them while they are hiding.

I like the battle ship idea also.

Last edited:

Scarab

First Post
They're facing a vampire, eh? :D

I had lots of fun with a single, powerful vampire down in the sewers. He constantly used control thoughts to make the players drop their weapons in the muck, and then laugh and run away.

The Barrens in Seattle is an excellent playground -- the Lone Star doesn't bother to investigate anything short of a small war if it's out in the Barrens. And there are probably a few factories around there that exist only to melt down metal, move it around, and host showdowns between runners and bad guys. ;)

Mishihari Lord

First Post
I haven't looked at any Shadowrun material for a while, so this may not fit with the campaign, but how about an undersea colony/research base or space station. You get isolation, darkness (if the power is futzy), and use of heavy weapons can either blow your air out or let the water in.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Whatever happened to graveyard on a dark and foggy night?

or

Waste deep in the sewers...never knowing when you may fall into a hole, or what is bumping into you.

Remove ads