The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Release the Hounds, Round 1, start.

“Gatherhold was, er, is, all the way up the River Melandor and on the other side of Lake Cyre.” Vesile ponders. “Too far for a normal tunnel. Maybe there is a path through Khyber, couldn’t call it safe, but nothing outside the walls is. Even The Lycaeum on the other side of the river is swarming with undead.”

Outside the building, you hear an echoing howl. Len drops the dishes he was holding. “They found us…”

Out a window, you can see four menacing hounds circling the house, an unnatural intelligence peering out behind their glowing eyes.

Vesile draws a dagger. "We have to get rid of those dogs, and get away from here!"

GM: Over the course of this “meal” you have had enough time to take a short rest, you can spend a HD retroactively.

I’m going to try a drop-in initiative for this combat, mostly to see if it flows better for this game. First come, first serve.

Perception DC 10: The hound masters are nowhere in sight, but surely that howl must have tipped them off.

Investigation DC 5 : The kitchen area has a typical assortment of utensils, some of which can be used as weapons.

Arcana DC 5: You find the Material Components for a single spell you can cast(player choice)

Map:

Hounds round 1.png

H: Vadalis Tracking Hound

V: Vesile
P: Len

M: Malix
E: Maladiel
O: Ozzar
L: Lasharis
X: Xian

Vadalis Tracking Hound x4
Armor Class 13, HP 11/11, Passive Perception 13

Vesile: AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13,
Len: AC 12, HP ??, Passive Perception 12

Lazharis. AC: 14, HP: 3/9, Passive Perception: 14, (bloody)
Maladiel. AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15,
Xian. AC: 13, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 13, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. AC 16: HP: 11/13, Passive Perception: 13, SW: 1/1.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Why not just go behind through back alleys?"
Malix is looking for a good place to ambush one coming through the door, but he would prefer not to be here when the fighting starts
"We need to be on the move. And the dogs can be confused."

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian

"
If there is a rear exit, I highly suggest we make use of it. If someone has a way of delaying or distracting the hounds, now would be a good time to do so."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Why can't I just sit at a table and have a drink or some food without being attacked?," Maladiel laments sarcastically. The half-elf rubs the flimsy tablecloth and two solid wooden planks appear on the outside of the door, for all appearances holding it closed firmly.

Only very close inspection reveals the planks to have a similar pattern in their structure as the tablecloth, but it's the best Mal can do without his wands or proper spell components.

OOC: Casting the Minor Illusion cantrip to create the look of a barricaded door. The spell description calls for a material component of 'a bit of fleece', so I figured this could work. :p

Using that HD for the short rest: 1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Well, at least that means I'm back to full health. 7/7 hp

Perception: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21 (success)
Investigation: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12 (success)
Arcana: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3 (fail)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"That's just the hounds," said Lazharis with no sound of worry in spite of the dire warning, "But their masters won't be far behind."

OOC: IIRC I found and returned Ozzar's stuff, but not my own, right? If we've had a short rest, I've probably already stolen a knife and anything that can be used as thieves' tools in a pinch (hairpins, nails, wood, any carpentry tools).

Rest: HD: 1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6 Full HP.
Checks
Arcana Check: 1D20+2 = [3]+2 = 5
Investigation: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
Perception: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13

"Whatever we do, we should do NOW!" Ozzar is ready for the combat.

OOC: passive perception and investigations are higher than needed and he wouldn't attempt arcana check

Remove ads