The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Ozzar saw the drunk and simply raised his shield and attempted to bull through the man. Unfortunately, those in front of him moved the drunk just a bit aside and instead of full on collision, Ozzar glanced off the man and slammed into the rain collection barrel near the wall arresting his momentum completely.

Stunned for a moment, he watches as the group sprints by. He then takes after them, exerting just a little more than he planned

Athletics; Complications: 1d20+5 = [1] +5 = 6; 1d20 = [1] = 1
ARGH! I had natural 1 for complication last time, now two in a row. WTF!?

DASH (2/3)

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"I'm contagious! Out of my way!" Maladiel shouts his lies as natural as taking a breath, unsure of whether the drunkard will even understand him. Surely, the man takes an unsteady step away from him, although that means Ozzar's plan doesn't go quite according to plan.

Hearing the dwarf crash into a barrel behind him, Mal yells "sorry!" but keeps running.

OOC: intimidation: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Apologies for my absence!

Edit: Do we each roll for complications, or just the first one to post?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Release the Hounds! Round Three.

Lazharis, Xian, Malix, and Maladiel manage to dodge the drunk. While Ozzar slams right into him, before correcting course. The drunk careens into Len, knocking him over.

An explosion happens behind you. “Hah! Took that long enough!” Vesile laughs. You have lost sight of two dogs, the remaining two are still barking after you.

Suddenly, the alley turns hard left, it looks like this way was boarded off for repairs recently.

GM: Everyone should roll for complications, it will speed this up, one way or the other!

DC 10 DEX save or smash into the wall for 1d4 damage. Once you are past the wall, you can attempt a Stealth check to hide!

Added distances:

The party gained 30'
Malix gained 60'
Len gained 20'

The closest hounds gained 80’

Ozzar: 95’
Malix 80’
Main Party: 50’
Len 30’
Near hounds 0
Far hounds: ?

Vadalis Tracking Hound x4
Armor Class, Speed 40, Con +1 13, HP 11/11, passive Perception 13

Vesile: Speed 30, Con +1 AC 14, HP ??, Passive Perception: 13,
Len: Speed 30, Con +0 AC 12, HP ??, Passive Perception 12 (bloody, Prone)

Lazharis. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 14, HP: 6/9, Passive Perception: 14,
Maladiel. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 12, HP: 5/7, Passive Perception: 14, Spells: 2/2. FBTG: 1/1.
Malix. Speed 30, Con +2 AC: 17, HP: 8/10, Passive Perception: 15,
Xian. Speed 30, Con +1 AC: 13, HP: 7/9, Passive Perception: 13, Spells: 1/2 + D, BI: 3/3
Ozzar. Speed 25, Con +2 AC 16: HP: 11/13, Passive Perception: 13, Initiative: 10?, SW: 1/1.

Dashes used:
Hound A, 2/4
Hound B, 2/4

Ozzar, 2/5
Malix 1/5
Len 1/3 [/stats]

Last edited:

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian

Who would have predicted that some day he would be running away from magebred hounds. It was perhaps this errant thought that caused him to miscalculate his trajectory and hit the wall.

Ooc: Dex save 1d20+4: 9 [1d20=5]. Damage:

1d4: 4 [1d4=4]. HP now down to 3. Stealth to hide: 1d20+2: 22 [1d20=20]. Complication roll:1d20: 9 [1d20=9]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

Ozzar makes up for the lost time and has enough time to plan the sudden turn. He goes on the right of the alley and turns sharply, but not impossibly so. His low center of gravity helps and he simply bounds further into the side-alley and calms his breathing.

He is surprisingly good at stealth, one skill maybe perfected during stake-outs?

Remove ads