The Mourning After (Horror) (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The woman steps into the alley. Appropriately cautious, but willing to take a risk. "Eyrena Niadh." She greets you with bow and a flourish.

GM: DC 15 History: Eyrena Niadh was the name of the senior editor for the Metrol Messenger, the newspaper of Cyre. While not as popular as The Korranberg Chronicle, House Sivis would sometimes sell it in their newsstands. Partly to keep up "fair representation" and partly because their reporting on social galas and the arts was considered to be top notch.

"As the saying goes, 'A friend in need is a friend indeed.' From what I gather, those hounds, and those guards, are after you." Eyrena gestures towards the bridge. "And if you are the kind of people wanted by them, then you are the kind of people I need some help from."

After taking a pause to see your reactions, the woman steels herself. "I have a proposal, I can shelter you for the night. But in return, I ask you take my sister with you, across to Southshore, where she can fall under the protection of the Unbroken."

GM: DC 10 Insight: This does not appear to be a threat, and her offer to help seems sincere.
DC 15 Insight: She is holding something back, there is a bit more to that request than she is letting on.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Malix waits for others to speak, deciding to join the group if no one comments on the hidden agenda. But they do need to hide.

"And the sister...she is just a human. No special things we should know? No...stories for the adventurers? No hidden items we should be aware of?"
Malix passes the ball to Vesile.
"You know local people and underground. Can we do better on the streets?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel smiles as he realizes Eyrena is sincere in her offer, but is not quite putting all her cards on the table.

"Dear lady Niadh, I will be honest and admit that, yes, those hounds and guards are after us. I don't suppose a lot of prisoners manage to escape, so your help is very much appreciated."

He touches her arm lightly, drawing her in before continuing, "But if we are to trust you, I want you to be completely honest. There's something else, isn't there?"

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"I would hardly be asking for help if the situation wasn't more involved than a simple Sul day walk." Eyrena conceded. "My sister has a condition, nothing contagious mind you, but that would draw the ire of the Queens Watch."

"That's why I have to get her to Southshore, to the Unbroken."
The woman pauses to catch her breath and composure. "The deal is the deal—shelter for the night, a place to rest—and you get my sister across and to the Unbroken. Take it or leave it."

GM: What say you all?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Hmmm." pondered Lazharis for a moment before saying, "We might as well. We will make it across or we will fail. One more will not make a difference. Shelter for the night, on the other hand, could make a very big difference."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Maladiel raises one eyebrow, not convinced there is nothing more. He does remain silent, however, and not once drops his smile.

"The offer sounds very good," he says, turning to his companions.

"The elf is right. Are we all agreed, then?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We are." Malix rejoins the group, dropping from somewhere under the roofs.
"I am a healer, lady, maybe I can help with the condition?"

Hades#2

Explorer
Xian is unsure of the woman's motives. She may be telling the truth but he also felt like there was much she wasn't telling. Still, a place to sleep for the evening would be useful. If she led them into an ambush in the morning then there was always a chance to escape again.

"Very well. We will accept your offer of hospitality for the evening."

Remove ads