The Mystery of the Dragon's CR solved???

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Perhaps so. I did a little calculating based on the way WotC classifies dragons (lesser, ordinary, and greater) and came up with the following info about dragon SR.

Much like the abominations in the ELH, dragon SR seems to be based on the monster's CR (why I have no idea).

So, if you follow this link you can see a breakdown of all MM dragons, their CRs, their SR, and the difference between the two. I think you will see the pattern. Too long to post here or I would. Check it out though...

http://www.enworld.org/cc/dragon_sr.rtf

NOTE: It's an RTF file (rich text). If your browser asks you to Open or Save it, just hit Open. You should be cool.

Krishnath

First Post
Very interresting, but I think there might be more to the equation than that. hmm... unfortunatly I have no Idea what...

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Krishnath said:
Very interresting, but I think there might be more to the equation than that. hmm... unfortunatly I have no Idea what...

I was thinking that too...but then again WotC did use a method similar to that in the ELH. Basically an Abomination's SR is equal to its CR + 2. Which if you think about it really makes no sense. CR should be assigned AFTER SR is generated and CR should reflect just how good (or bad) the monster's SR is.

Ah well..... :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases