• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

garyh

First Post
Trevor engages the fiery skeleton, but the distraction of the armored undead keeps his swing off target (miss, Trevor marks Fiery).

The armored skeleton then turns its attention to Skalisss, landing a blow to the dragonborn's side (6 damage, Skalisss marked by Blue).

Initiative: Status
Steppyn: 27/27
Fiery Skeleton: Down 37, bloodied, marked by Trevor
Trevor: 18/29
Red Chain Mail Skeleton: Dead again
Blue Chain Mail Skeleton: Down 19
-->Skalisss: 10/27, 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends), marked by Blue
Vlastos: 24/24
Bow and Sword Skeletons: Dead again
Vixo: 25/28, 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

jgjdvo.jpg

JRYoung

First Post
"Thanksss Vlassstossss!" replies Skalisss. He then goes to work on the Blue Skeleton.

Free Action: Healing Surge from his Dwarven Armor, he regains 7 hit points.

Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Blue.

Convert Move Action to Minor Action: Dragon Breath (Electricity): Breathing North and East to catch Blue Skeleton only. +7 vs REF (includes +1 for timely posting). 1d20+7=20, 1d6+1=2
Hits, but for minimum damage of 2.

Standard Action: Bolstering Strike against Blue. If it hits Skalisss gains 2 temp HP. +8 vs AC (includes +1 for timely posting). 1d20+8=18, 1d8+4=10
That hits I believe for 10 points.

Skalisss burns for 5 more points of fire damage.

Save against ongoing fire 1d20=17

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:21, Fort:17, Reflex:15, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP 12 +2 temp/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 7, Surges left 6/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Dragon Breath USED
Lay on Hands x2 (2 USED)
Divine Challenge

Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength
USED
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Vlastos

First Post
Mark him too, Skalisss! I'm going to rearrange this combat. Let's take the flank, shouts the Wizard as he rushes into position after the breath attack and sword strike.

Move Action: O18-P17, P17-P12

He then pauses to concentrate a "whip-crack" of sonic power that lashes up from ground, hoping to blast the mailed skeleton back into the sarcophagus!

Take that you pathetic heap, he cries as he casts his fell magic.

Standard Action: Thunderwave: 1d20+4+1=6 for 1d6+4=9

Curse the, er, gods, cries Vlastos as his arcana misfires weakly into the floor.

Undettered, he has another go.

Action point: same attack!
Standard Action: Thunderwave: 1d20+4+1= 25 for 1d6+4=5

Yes, cries the now more determined Vlastos as the second wave strikes home, doing minor damage, but driving the fell minion back out of guard advantage and (OOC: 2 spaces) into the crypt (M12 or does he go up and over)!

You see, Trevor, announces the Wizard with a grim grin unable to resist, if at first you don't succeed, try try again!

That should set you up, nicely, Skalisss, he adds before calling out to the flaming skeleton: You're lucky I'm busy, flame skull! Ha ha ha, but my friends will soon end your perverted time here, bonebreath! Ha Ha Ha!!! Know that I am Vlastos, Vlastos the Wizard, and I fried your ass 3 times!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!

Vixo, kill that sucker! Let's get the skull. :D

OOC: got it - good idea, wrong execution - sorry, Skalisss!

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vlastos Human Wizard
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 17 Passive Perception 12 Senses normal
HP 24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6 Surges Per-Day 8
AC 14 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Second Wind not used
Powers
Magic Missile
Cloud of Dagger
Thunderwave
Icy Terrain
Sleep
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestigitation

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Vixo's eyes go wide as his flaming shirt burns his body a bit. "Bad, nasty skeleton! You need to go back to the grave!"

Minor - Shift to K8 (flanking)
Standard - Riposte Strike vs Flaming
1d20+9+2+1=24, 1d4+5+2d6+3=17
AC 24 for 17 dmg +riposte active if hit

Saving throw vs ongoing fire 1d20=5 failed

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 1
Passive Perception:16, Passive Insight:11, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fortitude:13, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 20/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges left 7/9
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

King's Castle [Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Skalisss scales get a little hot as the fire singes him, but it doesn't distract him as he attacks the armored skeleton. First calling down the attention of Netari, the dragonborn then unleashes his lightning breath upon the craeture, and finally lands a blow with his sword that also boosts his spirits. Finally, he is able to stamp out the flames (breath hits, Bolstering Strike hits, flames out, and Blue is bloodied).

Vlastos then moves near the armored skeleton and unleashes two blasts of thunder into the walking bonepile. The second hits the creature and pushes it into the crypt. (I put you a sqaure off of where you specified as from the square you designated you would have hit either Skalisss or Trevor with your blast. The blast pushed Blue into the crypt, but it takes a DC 10 Athletics or Acrobatics check to get onto or over the crypt. Blue can't flank, as he has no flanking partner near Skalisss. Finally, forced movement does not provoke OA's.)

Vixo, like Skalisss, also feels his scales roast, and then the heat increases as he moves closer to the blazing skeleton. However, his dagger strikes the already weakened fiery opponent in the spine, and the creature collapses into a pile of bones, its fire flickering out suddenly (fiery skeleton dead!).

Initiative: Status
-->Steppyn: 27/27
Fiery Skeleton: Dead again
Trevor: 18/29
Red Chain Mail Skeleton: Dead again
Blue Chain Mail Skeleton: Down 36, bloodied, Divine Challenge by Skalisss
Skalisss: 12 + 2 temp/27, marked by Blue
Vlastos: 24/24
Bow and Sword Skeletons: Dead again
Vixo: 20/28, 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

300bt4o.jpg

garyh

First Post
OOC: Ozymandias just pointed out to me that Vlastos had a crit on the second Thunderblast, and didn't include the +1 to damage from his orb. That means a total of 11 damage from the main attack, plus another 4 from the orb's critical extra.

Orb crit (1d6=4)

...all of which results in the last Blue Skeleton being DEAD. :)

Fight over!

Vlastos

First Post
OOC: Good crit roll Dr Garyh; Ozymandias!:D

Yep, they stand up but they don't stay up - that's the way we roll in Daunton, Skalisss!

Trevor, you mentioned getting paid for non-skull, necro-relics; I believe there's one on the pedestal.

Last edited:

Remove ads