The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

Vlastos

First Post
Vlastos joins Skalisss and Vixo, preseving the light and looking for mountains and mountains of gold and gems!:D

We've got to find that confounded skull, he mutters to himself, maybe there's a deeper chamber to the sarcaphogus, he adds even as he looks but keeping arm's reach from the crypt itself until Vixo's all clear.

Dungeoneering: 1d20+2+1= 14

Velmont

First Post
"Vlastoss, stop to think like a Rogue and start to think like a necromancer. What is you best assesset to hide something? Magic. Search for magical aura, and leave the rogue with there secret doors." tells Trevor, who starts to search for an aura, but seems to be way off the target.

[SBLOCK]Arcana check: 1d20+8=10 [/SBLOCK]

garyh

First Post
Vixo and Skalisss don't find any additional traps in the room. They are unable to see what those trigger plates by the entrance in fact trigger, but as long as no one steps on them, they can probably live with that.

The sarcophagus in the center of the room bears no signs of traps, and the heavy stone lid looks like it could be removed with a good solid push by the stronger members of the group.

Likewise, the pedestal at the back of the chamber, with the onyx rib bone, appears to not be trapped. To all appearances, it seems as though Skelleks was relying on the earlier traps and his skeleton minions to prevent anyone from disturbing his rest.

Vlastos notes that the floor shows no signs of wear. The seven skeletal guardians must have simply stood in place these hundred years that the tomb has been here. The tomb certainly shows no signs of any traffic before the party's arrival and the ensuing battle.

Trevor detects no magical auras.

Vlastos

First Post
Good advice, Trevor, and I'm wishing I would have thought of it first, says the Wizard! I'll check the auras and others can remove the lid. Did anyone search the skeletons? Let us not tarry in our efforts to find the skull!

OOC: Vlastos checks religion regarding relic on pedestal as welll

Arcana: 1d20+9+1=17

Religion: 1d20+9+1=22

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Vlastos detects a magical aura emanating from the onyx rib bone on the pedestal. Beyond the necromantic inverted symbol of Lauto, there is no religious knowledge to be gleaned from the pedestal.

No magic emanates from the sarcophagus. Vlastos does recognizes some more obscure necromantic, anti-Lautonian iconography etched into the sarcophagus, though. Depictions of skulls, skeletons, broken coins, and sinking riverboats run around the edge of the lid.

Vlastos

First Post
That rib bone is hot (magic wise). Might be cursed, too, I don't know. I'm going to bag it, says the Wizard.

Vlastos uses a dagger to place the rib bone in a sack without touching it himself. When finished he offers the sack to Trevor.

Trevor, you want this to present to Lauto, he says. It was your negotiation in the tavern that says we'll now get paid for returning this wretched thing.

As for the sarcophagus, it's is straight up necro-architecture but is not arcana. Let's move the lid - the crypt looks like a good place for the skull, says Vlastos to the others.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Vlastos safely nudges the onyx bone into the sack. At first, shadows seems to haunt the edges of the wizard's vision as he holds the bone-carrying bag, but when Vlastos cinches the bag closed, the feeling fades.

JRYoung

First Post
"Lord Netari, protect usss asss we clenssse thisss place from necromancy" Skalisss chants as he moves to the sarcophagus. "Trevor, help me with the lid pleassse."

Remove ads