The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

garyh

First Post
Vixo notices some sunken ground up amongst the graves. It extends between the graves, too, so there must be more than the just the graves on the hill.

Steppyn is able to determine that no living humanoid has been in this town for a long time.

Skalisss sees nothing of note.

Successes - 2 / Failures - 1

Velmont

First Post
Trevor looks around. "Even if that town have no inhabitant, I would not let a tomb of a necromancer at plain sight, I would hide it with magic. Let see if I can find an aura somwhere"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Arcana roll: 14

Brain is right, I will post occasionally for the next 10 days and come back to a day by day basis after that.[/SBLOCK]

garyh

First Post
Trevor isn't quite able to sense anything magical.

Successes - 2 / Failures - 2

Steppyn slinks into the shadows. It's doubtful any eyes - living, dead, or otherwise - could find him. (Stealth is not a skill eligible for this skill challenge, no success, no failure).

Vlastos

First Post
Though he doesn't want to cramp anyone's style or efforts, Vlastos is a little concerned about the party getting separated at dusk just in front of the graveyard, and he voices this concern - we're going to need light sources soon, for example. He then tries to remember the lore of the region, the town, and the necromancer, first concentrating on history.

History: 1d20+9 -> [14 , 9] = 23 + 1 (for early post) = 24

garyh

First Post
Vlastos, remembering that Latanos mentioned that Skelleks placed his tomb in the graveyard amongst his victims, looks to the graveyard and is able to tell that the headstones and tombs in the northern part of the graveyard are of a more contemporary design than the rest. Perhaps the necromancer placed his tomb in that part of the graveyard...

Successes - 3 / Failures - 2

Vlastos

First Post
"Shall we investigate the northern graves, then", Vlastos asks? "Skalisss, you the man, er, dragonborn. Perhaps, if you take point, maybe Trevor and I can follow (on either flank) and we can just assume our hidden rogues (is Vixo hidden) are within easy distance for devastating surprise attacks if needed." "I'm game if you are but am also open to other approaches." "If it's too dark, I could cast light on your holy symbol", he adds. He then thinks once again about the current environs, this time the religion:

Religion: 1d20+9 -> [10,9] = 19 (+1 early roll) = 20

garyh

First Post
Steppyn's search convinces him that there's no secret lairs in any of the buildings.

Vlastos' study of religion allows him to notice on the weathered tombstones that some of the holy symbols of Lauto - commonly placed on grave markers to show respect for the Lord of Death - have been defaced. Certainly, someone who flauted the Master of the Grave spent time here.

Successes - 5 / Failures - 2

Remove ads