The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)

garyh

First Post
While Vlastos, Skalisss, and Trevor are examing the northern part of the graveyard, Vixo is is looking for tracks, and Steppyn is coming up to the graveyard from the main street, the sun finally sets, plunging Marlowe's Grove into darkness illuminated only by a full moon. It seems the group has spent too long in their search...

A wiff of something pungent and unnatural is carried on the wind, and looking to the west, the party sees a group of undead exit the Starkreach Wood and enter the graveyard. In the lead are three undead canines, their jaws still salivating somehow despite only a smattering of soft tissue remaining. Behind the dogs are four humanoids that may at one point have been villagers. The four former humans shamble slowly, the shells of their bodies somehow held together by necrotic energy.

Initiative: Status
-->Steppyn: 27/27
Yellow Zombie Dog: unharmed
Blue Zombie Dog: unharmed
Red Zombie Dog: unharmed
Vixo: 28/28
Skalisss: 27/27
Trevor: 29/29
Vlastos: 24/24
Gray Shambling Corpse: unharmed
Green Shambling Corpse: unharmed
Orange Shambling Corpse: unharmed
Purple Shambling Corpse: unharmed

169mfc0.jpg

Last edited:

Valthosian

First Post
Steppyn sees the approaching creatures and smiles grimly, Looks like the welcome party just showed up, shall we return the favor? Drawing his crossbow, he drops a bolt neatly into the groove and cocks the weapon with smooth, practiced precision, and lets loose at the hound closest to his fellows that isn't obstructed.

First roll for stealth, second attack roll for sly-flourish modified by -2 for long range, third roll for damage, factoring in sneak attack damage due to combat advantage granted by first strike. (1d20+12=27, 1d20+9-2=20, 1d6+9+2d6=20)

ooc=I believe Steppyn's current position gives him concealment for the sake of attaining stealth, regardless of whether or not he gets it, first strike grants combat advantage so that he can use sneak attack. Sly flourish (At will) hits vs AC 20 for 20 points of damage against the red bordered dog. Forgot to add in my +1's for timely posting so after re-reading this, Stealth 28, Attack roll 21 vs AC.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Steppyn
- Male Dark Elf Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:10, Reflex:17, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Deft Strike
Sly Flourish

Dazing Strike
Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire
Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
The zombie dog howls in pain as Steppyn's bolt pierces the creature's shoulder. Immediately responding, the dog bounds across the graveyard south of Vixo and then charges the lurking drow. Despite Steppyn's position behind the tomb, the dog bites the drow and wrestles him to the ground. The deathly taint of the beast also begins to seep into Steppyn's limbs. (Yellow Zombie Dog moves to L14, then charges to O13. 9 damage to Steppyn, and Steppyn is knocked prone and will begin taking ongoing 5 necrotic damage on his next turn (save ends).

The next zombie dog charges Trevor, who also is wrestled to the ground by the hound. The hound's dark energy again transfers to its victim through the bite. (Red Zombie Dog charges to I10. 9 damage to Trevor, and Trevor is knocked prone and will begin taking ongoing 5 necrotic damage on his next turn (save ends).

The final zombie dog leaps over a row of headstones and charges the kobold. Vixo fares no better than his companions, and is soon tossed to the ground as well, feeling the ill effects of the creature's bite. (Blue Zombie Dog moves to F12, then charges to J12. 7 damage to Vixo, and Vixo is knocked prone and will begin taking ongoing 5 necrotic damage on his next turn (save ends).

Initiative: Status
Steppyn: 18/27, prone, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends)
Yellow Zombie Dog: down 20 HP
Blue Zombie Dog: unharmed
Red Zombie Dog: unharmed
-->Vixo: 21/28, prone, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends)
Skalisss: 27/27
Trevor: 20/29, prone, ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends)
Vlastos: 24/24
Gray Shambling Corpse: unharmed
Green Shambling Corpse: unharmed
Orange Shambling Corpse: unharmed
Purple Shambling Corpse: unharmed

6xu8wp.jpg

OOC: Just a reminder, if every can follow the combat post format I posted here, including both spelling out your minor/move/standard actions and your mini-stat block, that'll really help me.

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: I'll post now since Skalisss comes up right after Vixo.

Skalisss jumps to the aid of his Kobold friend. "No you don't!"

Move Action: move to K11.

Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Blue Zombie dog.

Standard Action: Bolstering Strike on Blue zombie dog.

Bolstering Strike on Blue Zombie dog, +1 to hit for posting within 24h. On a hit Skalisss gains 2 temp hit points. (1d20+8=19, 1d8+4=7)

Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 7, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite
Paladin's Judgement
Dragon Breath
Lay on Hands
Divine Challenge

Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength

garyh

First Post
OOC: I'll post now since Skalisss comes up right after Vixo.

OOC: Sounds good. Skalisss hits, BTW. I'll wait until Vixo acts to do an official status update, though.

Oh, and Velmont, I know you're a PbP veteran, so you probably don't have to be told, but whenever you get a chance to post during your travels, please do so, even if it isn't your turn, and I'll use that action (or it's nearest viable approximation, should the situation greatly change) for Trevor when he comes up.

Vlastos

First Post
OOC: Wasn't sure if I should wait for Trevor or not - so here goes?

Vlastos skurries into postion (at L11) and fires a magic missile at the butt of the zombie mutt on Steppyn (O13) - we must not get outflanked, he cries!

Move Action: move to L11
Minor Action:
Standard action: cast Magic Missile (+4 vs Reflex) 2d4+4 force damage at zombie dog at 013 = 15+ 1 = 16 for 8 points damage

Vlastos Human Wizard
Initiative +4
Passive Insight 17 Passive Perception 12 Senses normal
HP 24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6 Surges Per-Day 8
AC 14 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Second Wind not used
Powers
Magic Missile
Cloud of Dagger
Thunderwave
Icy Terrain
Sleep
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestigitation

OOC: How do you create a show/hide mini stat box?

Velmont

First Post
"Keep then in that bottleneck. They must not pass, or we will get swarmed" tells Trevor as he stands up and strike the zombie in front of him and trying to push him back.

OOC: Sorry if I don't follow your template while I'm travelling.

Move: Stand up

Standard: Tide of Iron. Push at H11 and follow.

Guideline: His primary concern for this combat, it is teh position. If he can keep the enemy in the bottleneck made by the big rock and the tombstone, it will be great. He will favor Cleave if he is next to two enemy. If it starts to get too messy around him, he will try to push the creature with his ThunderWave. If he need to move one or two squares, he will favor to use passing attack rather then simply shift (or shift and passing attack instead of move). He will also favor second wind rather then comeback strike for this combat.

garyh

First Post
OOC: I'll run Trevor that way as necessary, based on your availability, Velmont. Did you want me to roll for you? I will if you haven't done so by when I update things.

Just waiting for Vixo. I'll update once I get that move.

Vlastos, you can do the hidden boxes by typing {sblock=title}hidden text{/sblock} , but with [ isntead of {. You can quote a post to see how it was formated, as well.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Yeah, please roll for me for the next week, until I come back. Connection is slow and costly, so I prefer not take too much time and get to the essential to get the games moving.

Thanks.[/SBLOCK]

Brain

First Post
Vixo feels the nasty drool from the hound trying to suck the life out of him, and gives a little yelp. He stands up, does some quick footwork to get away from the dog, and springs at the one on Steppyn with his dagger.

Move Action - Stand up

Minor Action - Shift from K12 to L13 (Shifty racial power)

Standard Action - Deft Strike with Dagger vs. Yellow Zombie Dog (Combat advantage from flanking with Steppyn) - moving L13 to N13 before attack as part of power

13 vs. AC for 9 damage

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 1
Passive Perception:16, Passive Insight:11, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fortitude:13, Reflex:16, Will:11 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 16/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not used
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

King's Castle [Rogue 1]