The New D&D Adventure Is - Tomb of Annihilation!

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

More updates will be coming through the Dungeons & Dragons marathon live stream live on Twitch throughout the weekend.

CapnZapp

Legend
(Sorry if already mentioned. Thread too big to read. I did search for "plate" with zero results)

What I would be interested in is if Tomb will feature any rules that hose wearers of metal armor in a hot steamy jungle setting?

It would really make things interesting if full plate is off the table! :)

Hussar

Legend
(Sorry if already mentioned. Thread too big to read. I did search for "plate" with zero results)

What I would be interested in is if Tomb will feature any rules that hose wearers of metal armor in a hot steamy jungle setting?

Although if they go that way then Dex becomes even more the go to stat.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Oh, wait... isn't that a bad thing... Cross pollination from different settings is a bad thing right? I'll have to remember that.
I've been bothered by this ever since I realized Faerun has 365 days in a year, EXACTLY like another famous setting used in a lot of games and novels.

The_Gunslinger658

First Post
During the Crusades where we westerners tried to boot out the muslims from their various stromholds or met the muslims on the battle field, the Crusaders wore full plate into battle IE in very hot weather lol.

akr71

Hero
Yep. I wish this forum's rules against edition warring extended to setting warring as well. Like, we get it, some people don't like FR. Good for them. But 5E is the current edition and FR is the current default setting. Kvetching doesn't help.

Right on! It is really getting quite tiring.

While Greyhawk and Krynn have a nostalgic hold on me, I certainly don't mind WotC publishing their adventures in FR. I DM in FR cuz I wanna explore it with my players. A lot of it is new and fresh to me. If I really cared that much, I would not hesitate to put in the effort to convert to my setting of choice.

National Acrobat

First Post
It's not like you can't just move it to another setting. That's what my group has done. We've just put everything Lankhmar or Greyhawk, the two settings we use. Lankhmar takes a little bit of work though, since the only playable races are humans.

Remove ads

Remove ads