The New D&D Adventure Is - Tomb of Annihilation!

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

More updates will be coming through the Dungeons & Dragons marathon live stream live on Twitch throughout the weekend.

Quickleaf

Legend
The videos of yesterday are on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dnd/videos/all

Each is separated so you don't need to watch the entire thing.

Joe Manganiello's Welcome: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149019422

*snip*

Tower of the Curator: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149214990

Thanks Jester :) I watched these two and enjoyed them. Tower of the Curator (2 hours), with Mike Mearls DMing, is a terrific game – good example of how to be a DM. Really fun group of players too: Chris Perkins, Matthew Lillard, Dylan Sprouse, Kim Hidalgo, Liam O’Brien, Joe Manganiello, Marisha Ray, and Matt Mercer.

So, as per someone watching the stream on Reddit:

"New Monster and Race Stuff for 5e (some may have appeared in past iterations or in Volo's, but are now the focus of ToA)

Four-Armed Gargoyles (a la Tomb of Horrors)

Stacking Goblins with Crazy Masks

Grungs

Undead Dinosaurs

More Dinosaurs

Pterafolk

Flying Monkeys

Other Flying Stuff (said as a joke by Perkins)

Red Wizards"

Looks like some overlap with Volo's, although it may be we'll see new varieties of grungs and dinosaurs (although I thought Volo's did an excellent job of giving us the main remaining "stock dinosaurs", but I'm fine if they fill in a few remaining gaps like Iguanodon or more aquatic reptiles). Undead dinosaurs sound like a lot of fun, and good to see the pterafolk get updated!

Kyvin

Explorer
I'm trying to figure out what the flying creature with the spear is in the picture for the new board game. It looks kind of like an aarakocra but not exactly. Any ideas?

I *really* hope they explain that. I'll be annoyed if it's just like Tiamat being trapped in the Nine Hells.
"Here's a big change to canon for no reason other than it works with our story, that we couldn't even bother spending a single sentence justifying ..."
Of all the things in Tyranny of Dragons, that's the one that annoys you? TBH I'm A-OK with Tiamat trapped in the Nine Hells; seems like how things were back when she was an archdevil.

EthanSental

Legend
Seems like another possible win for the adventure, then throw in the other items and September - November has a lot of fun stuff to purchase.

Remove ads

Remove ads