The New D&D Adventure Is - Tomb of Annihilation!

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

More updates will be coming through the Dungeons & Dragons marathon live stream live on Twitch throughout the weekend.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'm thrilled with this next adventure + setting content. I was looking for a good adventure to set in Zendikar, using the Planeshift: X we've received this year. I'll run Tomb of Annihilation in Zendikar, Tyranny of Dragons in Amon-Keth, MiBG + LotCS in Kaladesh and Curse of Strahd in Innistrad as part of a big MT:G multiverse campaign. I'm sure my players will love the undead dinosaurs.....and try to keep one as a pet....

darjr

I crit!
I'm thrilled with this next adventure + setting content. I was looking for a good adventure to set in Zendikar, using the Planeshift: X we've received this year. I'll run Tomb of Annihilation in Zendikar, Tyranny of Dragons in Amon-Keth, MiBG + LotCS in Kaladesh and Curse of Strahd in Innistrad as part of a big MT:G multiverse campaign. I'm sure my players will love the undead dinosaurs.....and try to keep one as a pet....

Me too.

I'm going to print out a HUGE map of chult and let the players fill it in as they explore. When were done we'll sign it all and put it on the wall!

Im with ya.

And a.Zombie Apocalypse. How original. I guess they want to capitalize on that mainstream lameness.

They are not even trying anymore.
That's a pretty cynical take...
They need an enemy to permeate the adventure at all levels. They've done dragons (and dragon cultists), elemental (and their cultists), demons and underdark, vampires, and giants.

Undead make sense. It's the "lich" storyline, and zombies are needed for that.
They shouldn't avoid doing zombies just because they are/were popular. Not anymore than they should have avoided Strahd because vampires were huge. Or that they shouldn't do dinosaurs because those are perpetually popular.

Well she was trapped in the Nine Hells in the way that her Domain was there and she can't get to the Material Plane without a big ritual.
Which doesn't seem to bother any of the other gods that dwell in Hell or the Abyss.
And she wasn't portrayed as trapped before.

It was just lazy writing. The story they wanted to tell was Tiamat being summoned. And they just hand waved the why. Just... lame.

According to Mearls the book will be like a Gazetteer of Chult with an adventure on top. This is an interesting approach!
I like this approach - it was done in SKT for the North and now it sounds like we'll get a similar approach for Chult. If we're not going to get a full-fledged FRCS, then a piecemeal approach to updating the setting is a good (if somewhat more extended) substitute. Hopefully we'll see one out of every 2 or 3 APs go somewhere new and interesting (say Thay, Mulhorand, or even the Dalelands for a Myth Drannor adventure) and get a 60-page chapter like we got in SKT that describes and updates the region...
Aaaaand the first live game has begun. So likely no more announcements for a while.

No news on minis or Neverwinter expansions. Or other support. And no news of the fall hardcover.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Which doesn't seem to bother any of the other gods that dwell in Hell or the Abyss.
And she wasn't portrayed as trapped before.

It was just lazy writing. The story they wanted to tell was Tiamat being summoned. And they just hand waved the why. Just... lame.

No all Gods need to be summoned now if they dwell on a different plane. Thats part of the new lore of 5e. They can't actually just go to the Material Plane anymore.

FaerunHistory

First Post
Set in the Chult, jungle area inspired by things like Conan and Indian Jones. - Also not seen it's own source book for 24 years, so hopefully lots of new interesting stuff. -

Wild dwarves, Pterafolk, Tabaxi, Yuan-ti cults and Jungle Goblins. It will be an interesting adventure.
Made a video about the Lore of Chult here, if you are interested:
[video=youtube_share;CtTlPN5N_08]https://youtu.be/CtTlPN5N_08[/video]

Remove ads

Remove ads