The New D&D Adventure Is - Tomb of Annihilation!

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

Tomb of Annihilation is in the Forgotten Realms set in the Lost Continent of Chult - Away from the Sword Coast (the hosts of the live stream are very interested with undead dinosaurs). Acererak is, as many predicted, the source of this plotline as the Archlich is more or less "eating" resurrection magic from the rest of the Forgotten Realms and causing a zombie apocalypse. Pendleton Ward from Adventure Time is a creative consultant on this adventure.

More updates will be coming through the Dungeons & Dragons marathon live stream live on Twitch throughout the weekend.

JeffB

Legend
So what was Out Of The Abyss a 're-hash' of?

Also, Having re-read Against The Giants recently as a DM, I think I am of the opinion that Storm King's Thunder is better. Curse of Strahd is a pretty solid product with great additions. So if you want they want to re-mix, I'm not gonna dismiss the concept out of hand.

You might want to re-read D1-3 and Q1. And then put it on typical FR overload. Throw in some A4 as well.

Drow city, dark lakes , Kuo-toa cities/outpost, svirfneblin communities, a labyrinth (the demonweb) and a demon lord at the end.

Not that WOTC and 2e era TSR has not harped on those things for ages, OotA is not the first...but it was all done almost 40 years ago.

Mhyr

Explorer
Well, I like the concept of chult (jungle with dinosaurs, lizardfolk and yuan-ti) and I like the villain (cannot tell what Wizards did to the demilich), I don't see their connection yet, but I know that I really don't like the title for various reasons.

As I am thinking about how to embed Hidden Shrine in my homebrew world, so I am interested in ToA as a jungle sandbox sourcebook. Something like OotA to the underdark, with a lot of generic and not realms specific content, would be great!

gyor

Legend
Scales of War wasn't Forgotten Realms. As far as Forgotten Realms is concerned, she's always been in the Nine Hells.

The Storm King's Thunder expansion for Neverwinter was centered around Artus Cimber chasing after frost giants in Icewind Dale that had stolen the Ring of Winter. Not sure what if any of that was in the adventure book.

No in 4e she was wondering around Banehold, as a servant of the God Bane.

gyor

Legend
In the past yes, but in 4e he became Auril's exarch, basically a demigod and dwelled with her. Then in 5e he was seen during SKT.

darjr

I crit!
Well, I like the concept of chult (jungle with dinosaurs, lizardfolk and yuan-ti) and I like the villain (cannot tell what Wizards did to the demilich), I don't see their connection yet, but I know that I really don't like the title for various reasons.

As I am thinking about how to embed Hidden Shrine in my homebrew world, so I am interested in ToA as a jungle sandbox sourcebook. Something like OotA to the underdark, with a lot of generic and not realms specific content, would be great!

You'll love it then. The Adventurer's League adventures also tie into the ToA.

GarrettKP

Explorer
18814380_1829062080454275_3317814984457775723_n.jpg

Remove ads

Remove ads