The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoorheadSpyder

First Post
Hello

Greetings. I just joined and this is my first post. I've been gaming since 1974 and love
to play or GM a wide variety of games. D&D, AD&D, 3rd and 3.5 ed., Gamma World,
Paranoia, Boot Hill, Top Secret, James Bond, Stormbringer, NWN, City of Heroes, etc...
Am hoping to find a local group with an opening here in the Moorhead area.
I'd like to see brownies, stormbringer, mournblade, Elric, Orcus and Demogorgon
brought into the 3rd edition and 3.5 edition. Brownies especially since they can
be special improved familiars for LG characters.
TTFN.

MoorheadSpyder

Palaner

First Post
Well, hello hello. I'm just about to start DMing my first-ever campaign. No, I've hardly played at all. Maybe twice. This gives me both excitement and paranoia at the same time.

Hi Everybody,

I am just getting back into Dungeons and Dragons after about 15 years of thinking I had "grown up." :heh:

I am currently playing in a campaign with some of the same guys I used to play with back in jr. high and high school. My character is a grizzled veteran of the City Watch in a nearby kingdom who is looking for his missing son. Following his son's trail, he stumbled into joining a band of adventurers seeking the Sage Stones to restore the (unfortunately petrified) rightful king to the throne and end the tyranny of the current petty warlords.

I am having tons of fun with the 3.5 ed. rules. Since my character has a bit of the hard-bitten veteran cop to him, I have gotten to use my "imtimidate" skill quite a bit as he shakes people down for information. The non-lethal damage rules have also come in handy since our quest has made us political enemies of the state. My character is loathe to kill representatives of the "legitimate" authorities (guards in the cities we pass through) who are just doing their job. Things have gotten more complicated in D&D-land since I was thirteen! :)

Thanks for reading my rambling. Looking forward to being part of EN World.

Arctic Juggernaut

'lo all. I'm a migrant from the Wizards boards. I've only seen EN before to read Shemeska's Story Hour, now I know there's a whole neat website attached to it. :D

Interested in D&D since elementary school. Always dug the books (particularly Planescape) but I didn't get a steady game until I was 15.Two years later, I'm a part of a forthcoming company (headed by the recruiting DM) that's publishing a campaign setting with tons of new core classes and races. We intend to change D&D as it's known. :)

Some interest in a few other systems (Mage, Changeling, Ars Magica) but I've only played D&D for any length of time.

Sgiò Karka

First Post
Hello

Before speaking, I want you to excuse my horribly rusty english...

I'm from the island of Corsica in the Méditerranée, south-est of the France.
It will be 15 years that I'm playing and mastering AD&D and D&D with a little group of friends (in the Forgotten realms, Ravenloft, Dark sun, or homebrew settings).

I had to try to participate to this forum regularly, but I have a little time with my pc and internet.

Have a good day and good play !

SirKicley

Explorer
where's the reviews?

Good day,

I have been visiting this site for a couple of years now. I never subscribed before today, but found the reviews of products to be irreplaceable and quite helpful. Today after deciding to subscribe I found to my chagrin that I cannot find the link I used to use to read product reviews.

I use to simply go to the main page, click on reviews, scroll all the way down and type in the title (or publishing company name) and all the products and their reviews would be accessible. Where did this feature move to?

Personally, I love to DM. I've been pretty much the main DM for my group of gamers for the 17 years!! I've been playing since 82 - my aunt taught me to play. When i do get the refereshing chance to be a player, I jump at the chance to play a wizard or alpha-male damage dealing warrior-type. Prior to 3rd ed, I had never to play a rogue; considered them boring and useless. Since, I have 3 of the 5 characters I've made for 3rd ed have been rogues, and I've loved it!

I grew up with 1st ed and switched to 2nd in my senior year of H.S. but never really enjoyed it as much. 3rd edition reminds me of the old 1st ed, but with more concise rules and the wonderful ease of adjudicating more powerful creatures. 3.5 is the best thing thats happened to D&D since the 1st ed Unearthed Arcana - which is still my favorite supplement book ever made!

Robert Brambley

oakleafbard

First Post
Hello,

I've been gaming for about Thirteen years now and contrary to what I was told in church I have sold my soul to the devil, been possessed, oppressed,or depressed by this game. I haven't even learned any real magic spells or how to summon demons ( whatta rip off).

All kidding aside , I've really enjoyed this website and love seeing other peoples "take" on gaming. I've been playing with the same group of about eight guys since the beginning and we pretty much know what to expect from each other: but I made sure they all checked out this site and a couple others to freshen up our outlook on fantasy roleplaying. I hope to post at least half as much as I read but time is in short supply with a wife,a child , and a job. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

Take care evrybody. See you around the Forums.

Oakleafbard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads