Pineapple Express: Someone Is Wrong on the Internet?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
Greetings all former denizens of the "Didn't Comment" thread, and welcome newcomers! This is the Pineapple Express thread, devoted, first and foremost, to the eternal debate over pineapple on pizza- is it the worst thing ever, or the worstest thing ever?

More importantly, there are times when we want to post something- on Enworld or elsewhere on the internet, and we realize ... naw. So we come to this thread instead and talk about pineapples, or cocktails, or play Enworld bingo, or whatever other weird topics might come up.

That said, we have one rule that we ask that all posters follow:

You are welcome to gripe about things. You are welcome to complain about things. After all, people suck. They play bards and listen to Coldplay. However -
You absolutely cannot post about identifiable threads or people on Enworld. Period. This thread is not, and cannot, be a sidechannel to attack specific identifiable threads and people. If you have any question as to whether of not you are posting something that violates the rule, then don't post it. Thanks!

Other than that, have at it and have fun!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Okay, let's get all this out of the way now:

Pineapple on pizza is great, it's like pizza's own version of sweet and sour sauce.

Bards are a perfectly cromulent class.

[Snarky meme GIF posted completely without context.]

There! If this thread can survive me posting all that, it should be good to go.

Scribe

Legend
planet of the apes art GIF by Tech Noir

Ryujin

Legend
Okay, let's get all this out of the way now:

Pineapple on pizza is great, it's like pizza's own version of sweet and sour sauce.

Bards are a perfectly cromulent class.

[Snarky meme GIF posted completely without context.]

There! If this thread can survive me posting all that, it should be good to go.
But does a pineapple daiquiri go with deep fried pickles?

Meech17

WotC President Runner-Up.
I don't really care for pineapple on pizza but it's not a big deal. I don't get why it bothers some people so much.
There's this little test where you can determine a lot about a person, and generally get a judgement of their character. That is the shopping cart test. Barring any potential disability, or emergency preventing you from doing so, once you finish your grocery shopping, and load the groceries into your vehicle, do you then go and return the shopping cart to the corral? Or do you leave it next to the parking space?

I think there is a similar test, but on a smaller scale. Rather than judging someone's character, you're instead judging their general temperament. That test is asking the pineapple on pizza question. This one is a trick however. Yay or nay.. Regardless how you feel about the food itself.. What's more telling is the way in which you answer. If you start to evangelize in either direction, whether you are writing your congress person suggesting they present a bill banning pineapple on pizza, or you're petitioning the CEOs of the famous pizza chains suggesting that pineapple should replace pepperoni as the default pizza topping... Either way.. I'm not saying you're a bad person... but you are getting un-invited from the pizza party.

Remove ads