The Paizo News Roundup

I cannot believe it’s June already, folks, but time waits for no man - and neither does our fearless Golem! Welcome back to the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP, my friends! There are Adventure Path updates and Player Companions and even some Pocket Editions coming out, and we’ll get those Pocket Editions even well into the era of Pathfinder 2E. There’s always something new for you stalwart readers, so let’s dig in!

The War for the Crown Adventure Path is reaching a fever pitch with its next two instalments, and those of you keeping an eye on the future can see a dark future for some very important characters…

Adventure Path #131: The Reaper’s Right Hand picks up right where City in the Lion’s Eye left off, with an empty Lion Throne dozens of ambitious nobles plotting to take it. As a final act of vengeance, High Strategos Pythareus released evidence that the entire royal family line may be illegitimate, and now the crown is up for grabs. It’s up to the characters to discover the remains of the tomb of the First Emperor of Taldor and seek his blessing to keep Princess Eutropia safe and in power - or else! Included in this Adventure Path are a number of fascinating and extraplanar locations and denizens to met and explore, including the majestic edict dragon! Due out soon this month!

Nothing but bad news awaits characters as they return for Adventure Path #132: The Six-Legend Soul. Their jaunt into another plane has left their patron, Princess Eutropia, vulnerable to the machinations of conspiracy, and she has been incapacitated by the time the characters return. What’s worse, the sinister secret society behind all the slings and arrows the characters have faced finally rears its head, behind the ancient might of not one, not two, but SIX ANCIENT EMPERORS! Can your heroes survive? Can you redefine Taldor’s Future?! WILL YOU SUCCUMB TO THE BRAMBLE THRONE?! Only you can decide, coming up next month!

Well, that’s enough thrilling heroics for a paragraph or two. How about some character creation options, because y’all clearly don’t have enough of those for Pathfinder, right? Pathfinder Player Companion: Heroes from the Fringe takes an in-depth dive into the many varied subcultures and traditions of Golarion’s many non-human peoples, from the Ekujae elves of the Mwangi Expanse to the emotionally-voided bleachling gnomes. Each exploration comes with specialized equipment and skills specific to that tradition.

And hey, we can’t let a Roundup go by without mentioning the bad new boy from Paizo, so what is Starfinder up to these days? Well butter my biscuit it looks like there’s even more character creation options ready for y’all! Coming early July, the Starfinder Armory has weapons, armor, augmentations, tech gear, magic items, vehicles, AND SO MUCH MORE! BUT WAIT – THERE’S MORE! Included in the book are equipment-themed player options for every Starfinder class that make it an excellent companion volume to the Starfinder Core Rulebook. It’s not an awesome techno-magic space-future if you don’t have gubbins and guns coming out your ears, and it looks like this is the best way to get that going!

That about does it for this edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! I gotta say, my inner player is showing, I’m quite excited for the Starfinder Armory. Who else is pumped to kit up their Starfinder and take to the stars all shiny and chrome? And if you have a GM with a good sense of humor, maybe you can use these guns and gubbins to go back in time to save Princess Eutropia, Cyberdyne-style…

contributed by Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Ben Reece

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Coming early July, the Starfinder Armory has weapons, armor, augmentations, tech gear, magic items, vehicles, AND SO MUCH MORE! BUT WAIT – THERE’S MORE! Included in the book are equipment-themed player options for every Starfinder class that make it an excellent companion volume to the Starfinder Core Rulebook. It’s not an awesome techno-magic space-future if you don’t have gubbins and guns coming out your ears, and it looks like this is the best way to get that going!

I love these product reviews and my only regret is that the seller I deal through is always 30 days behind the official release which means that I am still waiting for last months Planar products.

Keep it up!

Dynel

First Post
I'm in the same boat as you, Shasarak. It seems that sometimes I need to inform my FLGS of a release so they can order it for me.

clavejones

First Post
Erik Mona said the plan is to offer a pocket edition of every hardcover and keep them in print as long as people are still buying them.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases