Planescape The Pen & Ink Drawings of Tony DiTerlizzi up for signed preorder.

darjr

I crit!
Tony DiTerlizzi has a new book coming! “The Pen and Ink Drawings of Tony DiTerlizzi” New Arrivals :: The Pen & Ink Drawings of Tony DiTerlizzi - Signed - Pre-Order

IMG_8554.jpeg

IMG_8555.jpeg

IMG_8556.jpeg
IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8559.jpeg
IMG_8558.jpeg

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
Neat!
I'm surprised he's included D&D art, I figured that would have been work for hire owned by TSR/Wotc.

Drawing a blank on the book series he illustrated (Fey-based), wonder if that will be included as well.

aco175

Legend
I always liked the black and white style of pen and ink. Maybe from a lot of the old books and modules had some of it inside.

I watched a documentary about D&D art and artist. I can't recall the name but it's on Amazon prime in the U.S. Anyway, the documentary gets to the point in history where WotC buys TSR. Apparently the old TSR building was being cleaned out and they found a bunch of art. Someone had the foresight to get in touch with someone who saved the art and returned it to the artist. Something like that. It was interesting.

Birmy

Adventurer
I watched a documentary about D&D art and artist. I can't recall the name but it's on Amazon prime in the U.S. Anyway, the documentary gets to the point in history where WotC buys TSR. Apparently the old TSR building was being cleaned out and they found a bunch of art. Someone had the foresight to get in touch with someone who saved the art and returned it to the artist. Something like that. It was interesting.
Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons, presently available on Amazon Prime (er, or rather, "Free with ads" via Freevee). I backed the Kickstarter and was pleased with how it turned out.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Neat!
I'm surprised he's included D&D art, I figured that would have been work for hire owned by TSR/Wotc.

Drawing a blank on the book series he illustrated (Fey-based), wonder if that will be included as well.
Early TSR was all over the place with artist rights. No one really knows who owns what. It’s why WotC got into so much trouble releasing the Dragon magazine CD ROM and why we’ll never see that again.

2e TSR was a bit better, and Lorraine gave the artists a lot of rights for work they did. After a bit of a battle anyway, IIRC.

Remove ads