D&D General The perfect D&D edition (according to ENWORLD)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It took one person to divert this fairly nice thread into hate...people mentioned not liking everything in the profile without that happening

happyhermit

Adventurer
It's too trivial a topic to, by itself, make anyone a terrible person...
...but it is a tad spiteful to those who do like that thing, and have had a great time with the game while it included it.

It isn't even a tad bit spiteful unless it's done out of spite to some degree. If it's done because they think the game is better without it, that's not spiteful. It might be a tad bit audacious to think that you might have an idea of what's good for the game, or rather to express it, because we all have opinions even if it's "include every concept anyone could ever want to play as an official class".

I'm not sure what you're on about there. The edition war was a pretty nasty little phenom. The game would've been a lot better off without it.

I agree there, I think we would be better off now without edition warriors of any stripe, but at least one side seems to have quite a few unwilling to lay down their arms, preferring to interpret any car backfiring or anything that even sounds like a "bang" as a resumption of hostilities.

I was away from the hobby for about a year for health reasons, and, not sure if I'd ever be back, updated my profile & cleared my blocked list.

And before long I blocked you, LOL. Or maybe this all happened once before, I don't remember exactly. Glad to hear you are gaming.

Spreading disinformation about something is something you can actually sort of kind of do to / about an abstraction or idea like a game mechanic.

I do not think ideas deserve intrinsic respect excepting in as much as they should be treated as what they are, and that means not lying, they should be analyzed torn about reconfigured and compared.

It isn't the ideas that deserve respect, it's the people that hold them. Saying you hate something another person loves doesn't have to be disrespectful, but there are plenty of ways it can be; loaded terms, arguments of superiority, etc.

Tony Vargas

Legend
It isn't even a tad bit spiteful unless it's done out of spite to some degree.
Debating that gets into RL stuff like politics that are off limits.

I agree there, I think we would be better off now without edition war
Happily there is no edition war being waged against 5e, which is the edition that counts as far as advancing the hobby is concerned. New players google D&D or watch an example of play, and they do /not/ see Players Handbooks being burned or comments crammed with hate.

Maybe it's a little sad to be /delighted/ by that fact. But I appreciate it none-the-less.

And before long I blocked you, LOL. Or maybe this all happened once before, I don't remember exactly. Glad to hear you are gaming.
I had a rather expansive block list, and I don't recall /why/ I blocked any one handle in particular. I'm not regretting clearing it, so far.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It isn't even a tad bit spiteful unless it's done out of spite to some degree.

It isn't the ideas that deserve respect, it's the people that hold them.

So are you happily applying that spite intention limit on disrespect too?

Dropping outside of D&D and Gaming Scope.
Because ideas really really need to be addressed many of them have huge real world implications and being afraid of disrespecting people because you disregard an idea is a sure fire way to let bad ideas reak havoc.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It isnt even a tad disrespectful if you treat it honestly and do not intend to disrespect people... if you lie you are disrespecting people regardless of your intent.

Remove ads