D&D General The perfect D&D edition (according to ENWORLD)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Disclaimer: Feel free to make a post about how I'm wrong, an idiot, have no idea what I'm talking about, etc.

Your wrong, and an idiot, and have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not sure what those refer to, since this is a masterful compilation of those threads into a game I'd like. But I'm sure they're true somewhere. :D

This though, I'd play.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
With the...ahem...promised 4e tactical rules

But yes, 5e really did a great job in a lot of areas, turns out. Add the lore and tactics books, and a PHB2 with warlord and mystic, and you pretty much have what I posted above.
The lore book might be a bit of a reach, since the books that are half lore and half crunch (like Volo's and Mordenkainen's) seem to do pretty well. But a Xanathar's 2 (let's call it "Warduke's Guide to Killin' Stuff") with the alternate class features they've been hinting at, psionic rules, and a section with more detailed combat rules including a warlord class, and you're most of the way there.

oreofox

Explorer
Not a fan of a spell-less ranger, but other than that... eh. I would keep the stat requirements for multiclassing.

Personally, I would mix AD&D and 5e + minions. So this, as presented, isn't exactly the perfect edition for me. Glad many other posters so far seem to like it, though.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I couldn’t create this, because I don’t have the 4e experience to capture the mechanical feel, and know nothing about the cosmology of 4e.

However, I am confident I could create the worst edition of DnD, according to ENWorld:

Chain mail bikinis
Go back to THAC0
Grid based only with tons of stackable conditions
Who needs lore when you have minis
No rule can be deviated from
Monsters are just stat blocks
Individual XP progression based on class
Magic item trees for everyone!
Only non magical healing, and lots of it. Mostly though shouting.
The only classes would be bard, paladin, fighting man with emphasis on the man, clerics who can’t use most weapons, and magic users with 1d4 hp and suck until level 9, when you then give them the DM guide and just let them do whatever they want.
Gender based stat adjustments.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
No interest in that ranger, and I prefer all books full of lore rather than a lore core book, but I’m fine with the rest of it.

But yeah, I’d rather play a straight phb ranger than that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases