ZEITGEIST The Planes of the Obscurati, A List and A Question

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
I know I didn't run any part of the campaign perfectly and my players had great fun. No GM ever gets everything perfect so as long as the players are having fun its working , 30 years of GM'ing confirms this for me. So don't stress if some stuff does not go as well as you would like it to.
As to Planebuilding the Boardgame, I seem to recall that the information on how to build the world is picked up later so at the convocation they can only work with the Ob experts and make a few changes this can be used to limit them. Also their cover ideas are not planar engineers or the greatest of the Ob this too can limit what they can do. My players based on this basically just tried to edit MAP to included planar protection. At this stage their focus was on stopping the Ob not co-opting them to build the better world, philosphically they were very unsure they had the right to rebuild the world. I think the players rather than the characters suspected they would get to revisit world building later and if your game is being buried under planar design theories you can always tell the players they will get a better chance later,.

Meigall's point about the list from the glacier is something I missed/forgot. It does raise an interesting issue that the Ob has only really got limited knowledge about the planes they are using from examining small samples and lantern tests. They don't get the experience the players get in the Gyre were they see the plane and get a better feel for the unquantifiable aspects of each plane, which probably contributes to the world not being quite as they intended when the rebuild it as well as the ritual being messed up.

Remove ads