The Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demon

The Uz-Kala dressed in quality linen overgarments gives Lune an appraising glance. The man's warm brown eyes take in Lune's reticence then pass over Lune's silver holy symbol, her shield and her banded mail. "It isn't common we receive a sister of Iomedae." The Uz-Kala purrs, bowing to Lune. "Please, be welcome." When the Uz-Kala gestures again to the box of salt and only then notes Mellisande, the gentleman quickly masks the note of surprise that washes over the smooth facade of his face. "Lemons?" The Uz-Kala brother smiles in welcome at Mellisande. "We clean with them, my wives cook with them. Their oil is a balm for the throat when the sands blow. Lemons are as essential as blood in the desert oasis."

Clapping his hands, the linen robbed Uz-Kala shouts something in his native tongue, then motions for the ladies to seat themselves upon cushions within the tent. "Drink is on its way, my friends." Seating himself on a cushion the color of the flesh of a blood orange, the Uz-Kala deftly arranges his robes with modesty, then eyes Lillana. "I am Eslamshar. You speak of business? What business have you with the Brotherhood of Uz-Kala?"

Eslamshar's brown eyes lose their warmth but not their attentiveness. Though apparently serenly perched on his cushion, Eslamshar's posture is erect and foretells reuthless attention to detail. Lillana's mention of business appears to have been a bridge between official welcome and conduct of state.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Vanessa takes a seat upon the offered cushions and nods her thanks to Eslamshar. She remains quiet, however; diplomacy was not really her strength, and she certainly didn't want to start things off on the wrong foot.

A boy bearing a tray of small hammered brass cups approaches from behind a curtained section of the tent. Head down, the child approaches Eslamshar's right side then tremulously murmurs, "Drink, milord." When Eslamshar motions with a hand wave for drinks to be dispersed, the child offers each lady a small cup, inside of which is water scented with cinnamon and cardamom. Eslamshar takes a cup last and drinks, then eyes Lillana once more. "The Brotherhood is, first and foremost, a society of merchants. If it can be done, let it be done. You have but to ask and to name your price."

Rhun

First Post
Vanessa takes a small sip from her cup, again nodding thanks to Eslamshar. "We're looking for someone," she says quietly. "And we're told that you're the man to help us out."

OOC: I hope somebody has that 100 gold?

jackslate45

First Post
Lune thanks the young boy as he places the cup in front of Lune. Watching Eslamshar carefully, Lune takes a small drink. She is quite surprised that even water could taste this good.

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande guzzles her water with gusto then closes her eyes and shivers with delight as the taste catches up with her. When she opens them again they're pinned to Eslamshar. She slowly grins as she gets a feeling for the man's prowess as a negotiator, then looks at Vanessa when she's addressed, her gaze bouncing between the two as they converse as if she were watching a ball they were tossing back and forth.

Rhun

First Post
Vanessa shrugs. "We're looking for a slave, actually. But my companions and I have...well, particular tastes." The knight's daughter reaches her hand over, slowly and sensually twirling a lock of Mellisande's hair. She offers Eslamshar a sly smile. "Perhaps you could arrange it so that we could browse the merchandise? The feminine merchandise, that is."

Eslamshar's brown eyes move from Vanessa's face to her hand, which strokes Mellisande's hair. If the man is moved by Vanessa's passing affection, his face does not show it.

OOC: Doesn't at least one of you have sense motive or some other social or magical/supernatural ability that might be of use here? Remind me, please.

"The market is closed for the day. The merchandise may be viewed in the morning. Bartering is left for the afternoon. I should be pleased to give you a personal tour of the slaves in the morning." Eslamshar's eyes shift away from Vanessa and light upon the young cupbearer, now busy neatening scatter cushions across the tent. "Or were your needs more...urgent?" Eslamshar's eyes move to Lune, Lilana, and Lillandra.

jackslate45

First Post
OCC: Lune has +9 Diplomacy/ +8 Sense Motive. Also can grant someone a +4 to any Cha for one roll, 5x/day.

With a small smile, Lune speaks up "Come now Eslamshar. Surly someone of your position can help us here? Having just arrived, we had no time to view the merchandise. I am sure something can be arranged?"

Remove ads