• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Potion of Healing

The Hitcher

Explorer
Healing potions are the only magic item available to buy in the player rules, full stop. By default, magic gear is RARE, so even that one item that is commonly available is going to be expensive. I was surprised to see it there at all, myself. But as someone suggested, it's probably meant for parties who lack a lot of healing magic.

It's true that you can use hit dice and heal back to full overnight, but if you go down in combat you're not up again for 1d4 hours unless you have magic (and you can't use hit dice while unconscious). Four hours can be a long time in a dungeon...

What healing potions in 5th edition need is a good marketing campaign...

--------------------------
HEY!
Do you want to be HEALED?
Try POWERHEAL! Healing potions for people who need GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF HEALING!

With all new flavors like MISHAKALATE! It's like adding a Dragonlance Deity to pure Milk Chocolate!

What's that? You want more Pathfinder Flavor ? How about IOMEDAIRY! You can't INHERIT that much flavor otherwise!

MAGIC! ENERGY! MAGIC! ENERGY! Conjuration! Evocation! Transmutation! More -ations than YOUR CHARACTER SHEET HAS ROOM FOR!

You'll be so powerful that Elminster will be like "slooooow dooooown" and you'll be like "screw you, grandpa!" and punch him in the crotch with your STUNNING FIST!

Power looting! Power leveling! Power casting! Power fighting! Power eating! Power spell-learning! You'll have so many spells! 400 SPELLS! Cast your spells on your henchmen and make then run like QUICKLINGS!

This is my favourite thing right now. :D

Remove ads