The Proper Use of Nudity in FRPG Art

Hussar

Legend
[Channeling Maxwell Smart]Would you believe that being unburdened by armor or conventional garments leaves her mobility intact allowing her to dart in and out of her opponent's reach making her a more effective combatant? No? Well, would you believe that she needs all that exposed skin in order to absorb the energy of the sun so she can photosynthesize? No. Well would you believe it's laundry day? [/Maxwell Smart]
I loved that Scarred Lands actually had an in game reason for scantily clad sorceresses but, then flipped the trope on its head by having elderly, overweight, clearly unhealthy wizards baring all to cast spells.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I loved that Scarred Lands actually had an in game reason for scantily clad sorceresses but, then flipped the trope on its head by having elderly, overweight, clearly unhealthy wizards baring all to cast spells.
I have a vague memory of this one, was going to mention it but could not remember the game.

Voadam

Legend
My memory is that there were a few countertrope scantily clad weak wizards but it was mostly topless Albadian sorceresses and buff badass power guys when the "using arcane magic generates heat so they dress appropriately" aspect came across in the art. It was very much a Frazetta D&D setting in many ways.

Here is the first piece of art - the Blood Witch prestige class - from Relics and Rituals for example.

1640965400434.png

And a decently fit guy from the beginning of Relics and Rituals 2

1640965906205.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases