• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Continuation of the Psionicle from Part II.

---

As we left the party, they were in the Thri-Kreen tunnels just north of the small city of Garanasseur, in search of a crystal that would grant some sort of psionic ability upon it's wielder. They had some difficulties getting down into the 8-foot deep tunnel, but now they are moving along quietly.

Thus far, they have put 40 ft. of rough tunnelage behind them. There is currently a tunnel leading to their left, and one continuing on forward. Soft moonlight from Shardorn's holy symbol floats upon the walls, but does not provide much illumination.

Jarval

Explorer
[OOC:]Revised marching order:

Syld on point (natural darkvison, best Move Silently)
Jansson (best melee fighter)
Osius (Good melee fighter)
Shardorn (healer in the middle)
Sahgrim (crossbow + psi)
Desimus (crossbow + magic)
Nathan (crossbow + psi, decent AC and hp)

This OK with everyone?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Seeing as how Syld is in front, I'll let him decide what directions you are taking. Obviously, you can all talk about where you should go, but Syld will tell me where you go, b/c he is "point".

Zhure

First Post
Osius: "I assume there's no magical or psionic way to just detect the presence of this thing? *I* don't know of any, just thought maybe someone else might have a simpler method than slogging randomly through these tunnels."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Shardorn whispers into Osius' ear. "I think that if someone could detect psionics, that we could find out where it is easily enough. But getting to it would be another matter."

Zhure

First Post
Osius moves up to Syld.
"Maybe we can magically locate the artifact. Or maybe you can, I cannot."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
As you speak amongst yourselves quietly, you notice a long, wet, red stick-like thing coming out of the tunnel on the left. As it comes closer into the moonlight, a shiny, buglike carapace can be seen, and the red thing appears to act as a tongue - it is flicked in and out of the front of the creature every few moments. It extends quite long - the creature itself is around 3 feet, and the tongue is at least half that long, probably more.

It's tongue flicks out, and it turns towards Syld. As it begins to move towards him, Shardorn speaks.

"What do you think it wants?" She asks Syld, moving up closer behind him.

The tongue-like projection reaches Syld, and begins to scan his person for something.

OOC:
OOC: Skill checks to see if any of you recognize what this thing is.
Syld - 20+3 = 23
Osius - 10+3 = 13
Jansson - 13+3 = 16
Shardorn - 14+0 = 14
Sahgrim - 2+6 = 8
Desimus - 8+2 = 10
Nathan - 15+6 = 21
BTW, I used Knowledge (Psionics) for this.

Everyone who got 15 or higher - Syld, Jansson, Nathan - recognizes what this creature is and what it can do. It is a Folugub. It eats crystal objects. Anything psionic in nature that you hold has crystal in it somewhere.

Zhure

First Post
Osius raises his morningstar in both hands.

"Nothing with a carapace is good...."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads