• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld throws the Drilbu away from the beast, to the direction they came from and tries to maneuver to a flanking position.
"Let's get this thing over with and quickly. It's making too much noise."

Jarval

Explorer
Dalamar said:
Syld throws the Drilbu away from the beast, to the direction they came from and tries to maneuver to a flanking position.
"Let's get this thing over with and quickly. It's making too much noise."

"Aye, I'm with you there!" Jansson also maneuvers, helping to attain the flanking position, while he swipes at the thing again.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Smash that Folugub, Round 2

Initiatives...
Osius - 15
Folugub - 13
Syld, Nathan - 12
Jansson - 11
Sahgrim - 10
Shardorn - 4
Desimus - 3

Osius, once more, smashes his mace down upon the folugub's outer shell.

Osius gets a 12, and +3 equals 15, not enough to hit.

The folugub, although wounded, remains impervious to your attacks. It still hopes to make the drilbu into a meal.

Again, the critter goes after Syld's drilbu . The folugub manages to hit it. The drilbu manages to save again, though.

Syld throws his drilbu back into the tunnel from whence the folugub came. The folugub turns towards it, but has no time to run away before anyone else gets at it. Syld gets around the thing, getting deeper down into the north-south tunnel.

Nathan shoots at the folugub again.

Nathan gets a 3, and +3 is 6 - not enough to hit it.

Jansson is now flanking the creature with Syld. He swings hard at the folugub, hoping to finish it off.

Jansson is flanking it, and gets a +2 to his attack roll. He gets a 13, and +2 is 15, and +6 is 21 - a hit! Jansson proceeds to deal 4 points of damage to the folugub.

Part of the carapace on the folugub's back cracks, but the creature is still alive.

Code:
A quick map for the flanking info... S-Syld, C-Cleric, F-Folugub, O-Osius, J-Jansson, N-Nathan, A-Sahgrim, D-Desimus, +-Tunnel

SC
+FO
 JD
 AN

Sahgrim shoots at the folugub, also gaining the benefit from having the creature flanked.

Sahgrim gets +2 for flanking the folugub. However, Jansson is in the way - and thus, the folugub has one-quarter cover (and a +2 to it's AC). Sahgrim shoots, and gets an 11, +2 is 13, and +3 is 16 - a miss. He also manages to miss Jansson.

Shardorn slams her mace down upon the creature again, and as she is standing next to Syld, she also flanks the creature.

Shardorn gets a 4, and +2 and +2 is 8 - definitely a miss.

Desimus shoots at the critter again. Because there are two of the party on one side of the creature, and five on the other, everyone gets bonuses on flanking it.

Desimus gets a 12, and +5 is 17, and +2 is 19.

Again, there is a red flash from the crossbow. As it passes by each of the other party members, there is a flash of purple light.

The crossbow must get through both Osius' and Jansson's SR fields to hit the Folugub. It gets two 18's, which are enough to get through the fields.

The arrow plunges into the folugub.

The bolt inflicts 7 points of damage to the folugub.

The folugub has taken 28 points of damage total.

---

The folugub's eyes glaze over, and it's tongue flickers in and out slower. It then collapses to the ground. The tongue and the rest of the body stop moving. It is dead.

OOC:
OOC: Everyone gains 135 XP for killing the folugub.

---

Edit - That was a messy battle. Sorry about messing that up. I think I should've figured out how everyone was arranged earlier than I did. Sorry. :(

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld seathes his dagger and goes to retrieve the Drilbu listening to any sounds of the 'Kreen. After getting it, he gets back to the others.
"Now, where were we? Ah, we were discussing of finding the Gem, were we not? Well, It just hapens to be that I can detect psionics. Will all of you psionic guys move away from the tunnels and I'll try to see which of them has the strongest psionic activity."

Syld manifests Detect Psionics and tries to see which of the ways seems most 'psionic'.

OoC: Gnome, I meant to throw the drilbu to the direction we had come from, but it doesn't really matter anymore. BTW, has anybody kept track of our XP, 'cause I haven't.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson backs up from the tunnels to give Syld a clear view.

"Vile creature." he says again as he moves away from the folugub's corpse.

[OOC:] Syld: I've got 5608 XP, so you and the rest of us who started with the party should also have the same amount. Nathan should have around 1500-2000 XP (not having taken part in the fight with the kreen), while Desimus only has 135 XP (from the last fight)

I can't give an exact figure for Nathan, as I can't remember how many XP we got from the fight in the village.

dkoz

First Post
Desimus loads another bolt into his crossbow so it is ready for any new threats. He then moves away from Syld to prevent any interference with his abilities and watches the tunnels for any more movement.

OOC: Gnome, in your last post you said that Desimus shot Nathan in the back with his bolt, but then applied the damage to the folugub. Did he not miss?

How big of a circle does Shardorn's light illuminate?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Gnome, in your last post you said that Desimus shot Nathan in the back with his bolt, but then applied the damage to the folugub. Did he not miss?

Wow. How did I miss that? I have no clue, dkoz. I think that I wrote that entry, then went back trying to figure out how the flanking worked, and tried to adjust where everyone was based on the marching order... I'll remedy that, though. I can't imagine how I screwed that up.

Sorry about that, people. :(

How big of a circle does Shardorn's light illuminate?

The holy symbol radiates soft moonlight out to about 15 feet radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads