• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jansson returns carefully to the group to stand by Desimus, managing to avoid any metallic-grey spark covered areas.

Nathan concentrates incredibly hard, and the crystal seems to lift off of the pedestal barely an inch. However, it does not move towards the group. Even so, sweat begins to visibly bead upon Nathan's forehead from the strain of holding up the gem.

Syld concentrates as well, and a small bat-like creature forms a few feet from his position. He mentally instructs it, and it flies forth to the gem.

It lifts the gem up carefully, and along with Nathan's assistance, manages to bring it back to the group. It sets it upon the floor in front of Nathan, and then dissipates.

As the crystal is removed from the pedestal, sparks stop appearing throughout the room. Only a small area, around 10 feet in diameter, centered on the crystal, continues to produce purple and metallic-grey sparks.

---

The crystal itself appears to be completely flawless, although you can easily tell that it is natural in all ways. It is exquisitely smooth, resembling a large pebble from a riverbed. It appears to give off a faint purplish glow, although this is barely perceptible even in the diminished glow.

---

Desimus and Jansson, there are no Thri-Kreen or other creatures coming down the staircase.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Nathan kneels down and picks up the Crystal at his feet.

"Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing?"

Nathan gazes into it lovingly, as if it were... precious... to him.

Last edited:

"So what good is this crystal? Does it serve a purpose? You could tell me... but come to think of it, I will probably forget."

Animus is making a Knowledge: Psionics check (+3 rank)

"Perhaps I should examine it, as you said it may respond to the practitioner with the corresponding discipline..."

(Sahgrim will attempt a Knowledge: psionics check as well and will examine it himself if possible)

Jarval

Explorer
"Sahgrim, why don't you and Nathan examine it once we've got out of here. We've got the crystal so I think it's about time to leave."

Jansson unslings the gun again and continues to guard the doorway, listening for any sound of 'Kreen approaching (Listen +2)

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"I think the way we came in is compromised. I can summon it up in my memory but I think we need to find a better way out, unless Syld can use an Astral Construct to dig a way out."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I don't think they're strong enough for digging. Besides, I would propably run out of power before we could get out of here as I can't make them very stable yet."

dkoz

First Post
"My guess would be that the ice walls might have dissipated by now or will soon (Knowledge Arcana +6). It would have to be very powerful arcane magic to stay up for a long time. The only problem with that is the Kreen will be able to get through also. I suggest extreme caution."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Nathan picks up the crystal, and suddenly a nimbus of clear light surrounds him. It goes away after a few moments, though it leaves you awed.

Nathan - you feel as though you have sudden newfound powers. Knowledge that you did not have before comes flowing through your mind...

What the crystal does, exactly, will be explained in the OoC thread.

---

Animus - you know that this crystal is one in a set of six, and is a source of knowledge of powers of telepathy. You also know that those six gems, when combined with the Staff of Ancient Penumbra and the Annulus, create the Psionicle, an artifact of immense psionic power.

---

Jansson - you hear nothing coming down the stairs, although you hear faint noises - they sound like clicking of some sort... (you recognize the sound as Thri-Kreen, although they sound to be far off).

---

Desimus - you are certain that the walls should have melted by now. Even with an incredibly powerful caster, the staff wouldn't be able to create an ice wall that would last for more than 15 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads