• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

Osius clings to the wand given to him by Shardorn.

"That didn't go as well as I hoped. Do we try to chip through the wall of ice or go somewhere else?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Remember, everyone, that the staircase you had come through to get into this large cavern had been blocked off from above, but that the wall of ice had not been used to block the staircase heading down.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld snaps out of his mumbling.
"I think we should head down. If the 'Kreen get through that ice wall, we'll be in trouble."

(Sahgrim will communicate to the group whatever Animus is saying if he can, unless it is directed specifically at him...)

"We should first look for that gem, I believe that the sorceror mentioned something about it that might help us locate it. Does anyone remember anything? Or, perhaps we could talk to some of the workers here..."

(If the group does talk to some of the workers, Sahgrim will detect lies via Psycho Inquisitor)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Actually, I think the gem is right beneath us. Or atleast there was a strong psionic aura before we started fighting."

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"Down the staircase it is then, barring any better ideas."

Osius manifested LBA awhile back and was still down 4 hps at that time. Either there was no reply or I missed it :).

Jarval

Explorer
Dalamar said:
"Actually, I think the gem is right beneath us. Or atleast there was a strong psionic aura before we started fighting."

"Down sounds good to me then."

Jansson taps gently on the ice wall with his sword. "Just as well. I doubt this would give way easily."

dkoz

First Post
"Down it is then."

[OOC:] Gnome, did any of the workers respond to Desimus's offer earlier?[/OOC]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: No, they just continue to mill around, gems in hand. It appears that they were too far away to hear you - but they could also just be ignoring you.

You head down the staircase you had been on before, ducking below the wall of ice that now blocks the way heading up, and descend into the depths.

You emerge into another large cavern, much larger than the one above. Pillars of stone - gleaming and polished, not like the rough, rocky pillars above - abound throughout.

A intricately designed pedestal, boasting pictographs of six gems, a round device, and a long staff (you recognize it as the Staff of Ancient Penumbra), is set in the center of a gleaming marble platform. Set upon the pedestal, centered carefully upon it's surface, is a crystal that could easily be the size of a human male's fist.

Purple sparks appear spontaneously throughout the cavern at random, lighting up the cavern continuously. Each spark appears for several moments, then disappears. Dozens of sparks appear and disappear each moment. On occassion, a metallic-grey spark appears on the floor when a purple spark is set upon it, although these are much smaller than the purple sparks and disappear much faster, lasting only a moment or two.

Thanks to the illumination, you can see that this room is empty. There are no creatures other than yourself present.

Thus - purple sparks fill the room, occassionally accompanied by metallic-grey sparks when the purple sparks hit portions of the floor; a pedestal made out of crystal and depicting parts of the Psionicle with a big crystal on it is set on a marble platform; and large polished stone pillars abound.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads