• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animus takes a short dash off to follow Jirlai, but is cut off by a wall of ice. He turns around and looks at the group, with some kind of deranged look on his face.

"Who has my sister? Is it him? Is it you? Why won't anyone answer me!?!"

fondosoul.gif

Animus thinks to himself, with strange anger and hatred... then just as suddenly as he dashed in between the fight he kneels onto a rock... and begins turn from his blue hue, back to his normal flesh tones.

"Where am I? Who are you people? Where is my sister?"

Animus stands up... and looks over at the group. He has a frown on his face, and looks calm. He seems to be dazed, and he waves at the party in a greeting manner.

"Can any of you sense me? Can any of you hear me?"

lksrIntro1.jpg

Last edited:

dkoz

First Post
Desimus walks up to Jansson and claps him softly on his back.

"Well fought good friend! I wish I could attend to your wounds, but I am out of means of healing. The news of the Illithid does not bode well of our future."

Desimus eyes the Animus intensely.

"You are that Jirlai seems to be a person of honor, otherwise you might have caused the death of us all."

He turns and addresses the rest of the humanoids

OOC: Desimus tries to use is Diplomacy (+6) to its fullest during the following speech.

"We will keep our promise of freeing all of you, but our group has some unfinished business to attend to in these tunnels. We are looking for a large crystal that the Thri'Kreen might be heavily protecting. Do any of you have an idea of where the Kreen might keep an item like this? We would appreciate any assistance you might offer whether it be information or physical help. You may come with us or try to find your own way out, it is your choice. Here take these weapons of mine and strip these dead Kreen of theirs so you may defend yourselves."

Desimus hands one dagger and his shortspear to any willing humanoid

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson winces as Desimus claps him on the back. "Thank you for your concern my friend. I have a few tattoos that my aid me somewhat." Touching one of the tattoos on his arm, some of his wounds close.

"Hmm, I was ill prepared for the mage to have any healing. And we have lost both Keth and Shardorn. I think that fight could have gone better for us. Still, Jirlai stood by his word."

Turning to Animus, Jansson shakes his hand. "My thanks to you. Without your well-timed interruption I doubt I would still be standing."

He then moves over to the dead 'Kreen, searching them for any more of the crystal wedges.

I'll active two of my tattoos of LBA.

Last edited:

(I'm assuming that Animus is not used to talking to others, btw the telepath variant rule from rpgcosmos includes this ability: free telepathic communication with one creature per round out to 10'/class level (as Lesser Mindlink except requires common language))

Sahgrim circles his seemingly new ally and thinks for a moment, "I got it!"

Sahgrim talks to the stranger telepathically, <<Who are you? What are you doing here? Are you here to help?>>

Gritting his teeth as his mind is parleyed with others words, Animus tries to recall when the last person did this same thing to him. He can't remember despite trying for quite a while. He then turns and looks at his interpreter. Communicating through thoughts...

"My Name is Animus, the Abdicerer. I have another name... but it has been a long time since I ever heard it spoken to me. My old name... is lost on me. My new name is that of the Soul Rebuker... a religeous name given to me for my acts of forgiveness... but once again my mind loses me. I have an inconsistent memory, but I have long forgoten the cause. Maybe I just bumped my head as a child."

"I can't remember why I am here... but it undoubtedly involved recovering my sister. Have you seen her? Do you know who has her? I can't remember why I am 'here' exactly... but I know what purpose it was to serve. I can predict that my previous actions involved tracking down my sister, and it must have led me here."

"My sister was twelve when I last saw her. I can't remember how long ago that was. I can't remember a damn thing, except that she was beautiful, and she was kind. If I see her again... at least one more time, maybe I can find out about my past.

"You ask me for help? Am I here to help... wait -Who are you? I can tell you this, if your intentions do not involve harming my sister, I will help you if you agree to help me. The only 'help' I ask for, is that you aid me if we come across my sister."

"Here is what I know, I am from a small rural town. Some time ago I lost my tongue to a brutish man that I cannot remember his name, but his face will never escape me. Later that night my sister was missing from the campsite we had occupied, and I went in search of her. After searching for a few hours, I fell unconsious and since then I have been in search of my sister."

"Lastly, that man just spoke of Illthid. What was he talking about? He also mentioned that I did some harm, whatever I did, I appologise. I realize it will be hard for you to convey my thoughts for them, but would you please appologise for me?"

Last edited:

Sahgrim will relay the conversation to his friends, then start talking to Animus again (I'm assuming everyone will agree to help him)

<<We will help you in your quest for your sister, right now we are looking for a very dangerous set of artifacts, who the Illithid seem to be after. I have never met an Illithid myself however so I cannot describe exactly how strong they are, but I want to warn you that this is a dangerous mission, are you up for it?

If so, I can translate for you to the others if you wish.>>

"I accept your offer, telepath. Illthid... why can't I remember what an Illthid is? Grrr... challenges or no challenge, nothing will stop me from finding my sister. I have no debts in my life to artifacts, but I see no reason that I would not help you."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
He then moves over to the dead 'Kreen, searching them for any more of the crystal wedges.
Jansson finds three crystal wedges. He also finds 23 gold and 9 silver in various pouches distributed among the 'Kreens.

I'll active two of my tattoos of LBA.
Jansson gains 10 hit points from his tattoos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads