• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson sleeps peacefully, heedless of the dangers awaiting himself and his companions in the morning.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Beginning the Tests

For the remainder of the night and the following day, you rest and do little. You slip in and out of sleep, calm in the knowledge that no harm will come to you... until, of course, the tests come.

The skies darken, and the rustling of the wind blowing through the trees reaches your ears again, though no wind stirs. The dark figure appears, suddenly, in the circle of stones, as the two moons begin rising over the horizon.

You have had time to prepare spells and meditate on your powers throughout the day.

"The Voices demand that you take the tests now, before the night's end." The figure says. "Those of your number who will take the first test, the Test of Merle, step towards the stone circle."

Jarval

Explorer
Originally posted by GnomeWorks
"The first test is the Test of Merle, whose purpose is to test the will of man. Thirteen spirits of the trees will appear; twelve are false, one is real. You must find the real one, and destroy it, using no physical means."

"The second is the Test of Millicent, whose purpose is to test the strength of man. Thirteen beasts of the woods will appear; twelve are evil, one is not. You must destroy all the beasts, but spare the one that is not evil, using nothing but physical means."

OOC: I thought Jansson and Ruth were going to take the Test of Millicent?

As far as the pairings for the tests go, I'd place two out of Osius, Desimus and Syld on the Test of Merle. Jansson and Ruth seem the best suited to the Test of Millicent, and I'd suggest Narok and Shardorn for the Test of Rashida.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"I'd prefer the test of Rashida, but whichever needs my skills the most I'll accept."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Time to Prepare

OOC:
OOC: Sorry about that...

Before the night comes, you have quite a bit of time to prepare. You can discuss amongst yourselves what course of action you're going to take, and unless you take an unusually long time, you can have as much time as you need to discuss your plans on who is taking which test.

So just consider my above post as happening when you're all done with discussion... I'll probably repost it when you're done. Sorry about that.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Feel a lot better after some shut-eye. Now to something I was trying to say last night, do you think my fashioning of astral constructs is considered physical for the purpose of the test of Merle?"

Zhure

First Post
Osius

After meditating briefly, and manifesting Sustenance for another day, Osius joins in with the discussion.

"I don't know if astral constructs count as physical, but they sure do act like physical objects. Maybe we'd be better off not trying the limits of the test that way."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads