• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Continuation of the Psionicle game.

-----

The party has recently managed to take out twelve illithidkin that had followed them while they fled the yuan-ti village in their carriages.

At the end of the combat, the first carriage had crash-landed, and the other carriage has landed. The party has just finished looting the four nearest bodies, and now considers their predicament.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus stops still at Osius last comment. "Fearful. He doesn't understand. Maybe the good halfling has something to say. I trust him... he fights well and isn't afraid of anything."

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson looks up from the carriage, and over to Animus and Osius.

"I agree that we need to get away from here as quickly as possible, but we need Syld to create a construct to pull the carriage. I doubt the one we have can carry us all, and I'm reluctant to leave any of these things alive."

The halfling draws his sword and walks over to Animus.

"The rest of you get the carriage working. Animus and I will make sure these creatures don't come after us again."

He jogs over to the nearest illithidkin, and checks to see if it's alive or dead.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus proceeds to commit himself to the actions summarized earlier, involving maximizing the use of Psionic Power to hasten the extinction of each creature, also taking some time to examine creatures, but making sure that all die in time is the primary factor.

Zhure

First Post
Osius

"Fine, then I'll assist in making sure they are dead. I won't be of much help with the carriage."

dkoz

First Post
Desimus will stand guard while the others go about their chosen actions.

"Rostrum, take to the air and stay alert."

Rostrum will circle the carriages from 50 feet up, watching the jungle below.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Syld sakes his head.
"I'm not nearly powerful enough to form astral constructs that would be able to pull the carriages, or even last that long. But I think the carriages might work again in 24 hours, the time it usually takes for it to remanifest.
Either we all board the intact carriage or wait and see if it the other works. What say you?"

Jarval

Explorer
"Sorry Syld, I guess it's much more your area of expertise. We should try the other carriage, we need to be away from here as soon as possible. Could you load all the gear onto the working carriage?" Jansson replies as he continues his grim work. As soon as he has finished, he returns to the carriages and boards the intact one.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads