The Queen has died

Xyxox

Hero
My mother was 13 when she was crowned queen. She has been Queen of England my entire life. As a child I was taught of her reign in grade school even here in America. As others have said, the end of an era. Long live King Charles III.

aco175

Legend
I'm just a Yank from across the pond, but when I heard it today I felt a pang of sadness for the world. She felt eternal.

1662684293776.png

MGibster

Legend
It's like the sun goes down one night and one of the stars you've seen in the sky your entire life is suddenly gone. It's just weird to think of a world without Queen Elizabeth.

We do need Charles to be King for sometime.
The last thing our next heir needs is to be a child when they get that mantle. They need to have finished education, made some mistakes, got drunk, has a special " friend" or two and basically lived a bit before William ascends and the next in line is declared.

Long live the King.

delericho

Legend
We do need Charles to be King for sometime.
The last thing our next heir needs is to be a child when they get that mantle. They need to have finished education, made some mistakes, got drunk, has a special " friend" or two and basically lived a bit before William ascends and the next in line is declared.
??

Prince William is 40, has been married for 11 years, has 3 children... I really can't see Charles stepping aside, but William is no child. Were you maybe thinking of George?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m an American, and I feel this passing. The world lost a lot.

She oversaw 70+ years of change as the nominal ruler of this country. She helped create the “rules” by which monarchs and other leaders interact with mass media, especially visual media.

She didn’t always get it right, being human. But still, she had a deep well of experience with war, with leadership, with diplomacy that most of her peers- elected or hereditary- probably envied. I‘m hoping Charles and her other descendants were paying close attention.

??

Prince William is 40, has been married for 11 years, has 3 children... I really can't see Charles stepping aside, but William is no child. Were you maybe thinking of George?
Yes. Sorry if I didnt make that clear? Heir to the throne ( George or sibling) could do with being in his 20s and have lived a bit before taking on the duties as " heir to the throne". So Charles needs a good 15 years at least as king

Remove ads