• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rape of Morne [Final Update]

Tanager

Since Sep. doesn't seem to have a problem with his tale being passed around, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me a copy of the complete SH that seems to be floating about.

My fiance mentioned she might be interested in joining a game when our group gets back together again and I'd like to show her what the game can potentially be.

Thanks to any and all who read this.

Oh and a big *bump* to my favorite SH

Sammael99

First Post
Tanager said:
My fiance mentioned she might be interested in joining a game when our group gets back together again and I'd like to show her what the game can potentially be.

Are you not worried of setting her expectations about as high as they get ? I wouldn't tell my players "this is what we can do", I don't think we'd achieve it ;)

Lombard

First Post
Re: Reincarnation

It's not so much a matter of Oronthon barring it, but more one of Tahl himself refusing it - partly due to the pagan element, partly due to the fact that no devout soul wants to be ripped from ecstasy and communion with its god, and returned to a very troubled world. Let's face it, would you? Also, Tahl doesn't entertain the idea of reincarnation, so it might just not work on him - all of that multiple truth / paradigm stuff again.

In theory Mostin could also have used a "Wish," and Eadric still had one miracle outstanding, but I felt it was inappropriate to pull that one - seemed like too selfish an act. Difficult to justify in-game.

Re: King Tiuhan

His father (Tundan, IIRC) was lost at sea when he was very young. It says a lot about Tagur that he could've seized the throne at any time - he certainly had the military muscle necessary, and it probably would've been justifiable in terms of Wyre's best interests (long-term, anyhow). Tagur is Tiuhan's paternal cousin, although I notice the King calls him "uncle" in the SH - I think Tagur's wife is also Tiuhan's maternal aunt or something. Duchess Sihu is very closely related also. They're an in-bred bunch.

I think the model of lots of powerful inter-related magnates trying to manipulate a young monarch is actually a pretty common theme - historically, and in fantasy / fairy-tale. Tiuhan comes into his majority at 14 years I guess - that's the usual age in Wyre (correct me if I'm wrong, Jim).

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Lombard said:
Re: Reincarnation

It's not so much a matter of Oronthon barring it, but more one of Tahl himself refusing it - partly due to the pagan element, partly due to the fact that no devout soul wants to be ripped from ecstasy and communion with its god, and returned to a very troubled world. Let's face it, would you? Also, Tahl doesn't entertain the idea of reincarnation, so it might just not work on him - all of that multiple truth / paradigm stuff again.

Exactly! Which makes me wonder why so many PCs get raised/resurrected.

Love the consistency in this game! That NPCs will act accordingly without metagame in mind. Sometimes it's a tough thing to do as a DM.

Tanager

Sammael99

Are you not worried of setting her expectations about as high as they get ? I wouldn't tell my players "this is what we can do", I don't think we'd achieve it

I intend to preface giving her the text with many disclaimers. :D

I know full well that we aren't that good. But I just want her to see the game at its best.

grodog

Hero
Hey Lombard---

Can you poster Danny for Mostin's spells for us? We'd love to check them out and they'd be a nice holiday treat while Sep's away :D

Thanks!

Olive

Explorer
grodog said:
Hey Lombard---

Can you poster Danny for Mostin's spells for us? We'd love to check them out and they'd be a nice holiday treat while Sep's away :D

Thanks!

I second that emotion :p

I suspect that this thread has seen the last update it ever will see... 10 pages is the longest of any of these threads isn't it?

Lela

First Post
Olive said:

I second that emotion :p

I suspect that this thread has seen the last update it ever will see... 10 pages is the longest of any of these threads isn't it?

Um, no. You just don't see the rest because of the "Last Page" thingy. Take a look at P-Kitty's for an example.

Remove ads