• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The rules of EN World

Jolly Giant

First Post
How many of the regulars in here have actually taken the time to read the rules for these boards? It seems to me that the tone of these boards have changed quite a bit the last few years. There used to be a lot more respect for our beloved grandmothers, IMHO. :\

How do you other long-timers feel? Have you noticed the same trend, or am I just getting more sensitive in my old days? ;)

You're just getting sensitive. :) Honestly, ENWorld is still one of the best boards on the net. Friendly people, IMO. The grandmother rule is still held to very well...don't really know why you think its fading.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Don't know if I've been here long enough to be considered a "regular" in the sense you seem mean, though I've been here for a while. ;)

I don't think there's been any less respect for Eric's Grandmother than there was when I first started posting here. Some posters are very argumentative, but there's a line of decency that remains intact, at least in the posts I've been reading.

Hong might toe the line a bit now and again, but then, that's Hong. :p

Jolly Giant

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
Hong might toe the line a bit now and again, but then, that's Hong. :p

Can't say that I've seen Hong being anything but respectful to Eric's grandma. ;) Nor will I name anybody else here. There are a few posters however, whom I'm always surprised to see. Ones that make think "Wow! The moderators still havn't been kicked him/her out!?!"

edit: spelling

Last edited:

Jolly Giant

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
Don't know if I've been here long enough to be considered a "regular" in the sense you seem mean, though I've been here for a while. ;)

Let me clearify then: "Regulars" was intended to mean anyone who posts/lurks here regularly; even if he/she hasn't been doing so for very long. Only my last question was aimed at the "longtimers". :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
You're just getting sensitive. :) Honestly, ENWorld is still one of the best boards on the net.

I was afraid of that! ;) I agree EN World is still among the best (or even THE best! :D ) boards out there. It's just not quite as good as it used to be, IMHO.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Crothian said:
But I will admit to have never actually read the rules

Huh. So for all you know, you're wearing the Hat of Shame because mocking the Red Sox really *IS* against the Rules!

Hey, we try to run this board now the same way we did three years ago. If you see someone who is causing problems, please help us by reporting the post. It's a big board, and this really helps us keep track of potential arguments and rudeness.

Thank you!

And now, off to Meta... Vrroom...

DaveStebbins

First Post
Piratecat said:
Huh. So for all you know, you're wearing the Hat of Shame because mocking the Red Sox really *IS* against the Rules!

Why do I get the sense that Crothian is about to get another gnome avatar in the near future? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads