• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea

Venport

First Post
I am working on a Sea Fairing campaign (and have been since before I knew about storm wrack which i have a copy of). Now I’m looking for inspiration I get lots of good ideas from Dungeon issues. My first adventure will be an altered version of Mad Dogs key.

My question is dose anyone have an recommendations on adventures that I can hack up and put into my campaign?

I have planned so far

Mad dogs key Dungeon 114

Tammeraut's Fate Dungeon 106

STRIKE ON THE RABID DAWN Dungeon 111

Anyone have any ideas on where I can get more ideas?

Voadam

Legend
en route II by Atlas Games is a collection of short encounters to be interspersed into a campaign as you go from point A to B and II is supposed to have a major naval theme in its encounters. Available in print and in pdf from www.rpgnow.com .

GMSkarka

Explorer
We've done some sea-faring adventures for our support of Green Ronin's SKULL & BONES, which can easily be adapted:

Here's a freebie: Island of the Damned

We've also done adventures in our BUCCANEERS & BOKOR ezine:

Treasure Chest (collection of issues 1-3), which includes a bunch of new rules, encounters, locations, and several short adventures.

B&B Issue 4, which features an adventure hook, a short adventure and a full-length adventure (part one of a series--the sequel is coming in the next issue, due in September)

Hope that helps!

JoeGKushner

First Post
Go watch the corney anime One Piece and have the players encounter a floating resteraunt with mad kung fu chefs. That'll be a change of pace!

Steverooo

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
The Sargasso Sea.

Absolutely! Also add:

Storm-tossed
Becalmed
Shipwrecked!
Kraken-attack!
Attack by Merforlk/Locathah/Sahuagin, etc.
Run Aground
Encounter (High-level Druid in Whale-form)

The Sargasso Sea is also more interesting if sea creatures live below it, and something intelligent lives above (like Lizardfolk). Fog-banks add atmosphere!

Ghost Ship
Sinking!/Scuttled!
Pirates!
Sea Serpent/Pleasiasaur!
Dragon Turtle
Flying encounters (Dragon, etc.)

For complete adventures, a series of caves in shallow water, inhabited by one of the races listed, above, requiring swimming & diving to get into and out of.

Hussar

Legend
Island of the Damned was hillarious. The bloody monkey is a riot.

There's also nothing wrong with Isle of Dread as well.

Remove ads