• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion - accepting alternates

Ferrix

Explorer
Are you playing with Psionics in this game Isida or no?

Thinking of a Kalashtar who is for some reason manifesting powers of the Quori... aiming for the Quori Nightmare PrC.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Psionics is cool. Just don't do a repeat of the Architect, Ferrix, I don't think I could handle two of them existing in the multiverse, whatever level they may be...

Ferrix

Explorer
Shenystari
Neutral Kalashtar Psion 1

[sblock]
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 125
Eyes: Emerald green
Hair: Brunette
Skin: Fair

STR: 10 [--] (0 points)
DEX: 12 [+1] (4 points)
CON: 12 [+1] (4 points)
INT: 18 [+4] (16 points)
WIS: 10 [--] (2 points)
CHA: 14 [+2] (6 points)

Hit Dice: 1d4 + 1
HP: 5
Armor Class: 11 (10 base + 1 Dex)
Initiative: +1
BAB: +0
- Melee: +0
- Ranged: +1

Speed: 30’

FORT: +1 (0 Base + 1 Con)
REFL: +1 (0 Base + 1 Dex)
WILL: +2 (2 Base + 0 Wis)

Abilities:
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting spells and abilities
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate checks
- +2 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to impersonate humans
- Immunity to Dream and Nightmare spells
- Naturally Psionic: 1 pp per character level
- Psi-Like Abilities: Mindlink (1/day)
- Telepathy Discipline
- Psion Bonus Feats

Feats:
1st Level
- Psionic Endowment
- Greater Psionic Endowment

Skills:
Concentration +5 (4 ranks, +1 Con)
Intimidate +6 (2cc ranks, +2 Cha, +2 race)
Diplomacy +8 (4 ranks, +2 Cha, +2 race)
Sense Motive +4 (4 ranks, +0 Wis)
Knowledge: Psionics +8 (4 ranks, +4 Int)
Psicraft +8 (4 ranks, +4 Int)

Languages:
- Common, Quor, Draconic, x, x, x

Powers:
Manifester Level: 1
Save DC: 10 + 4 Int + Level
Powers Known – Power Points: 2 + 2 + 1 = 5pp
1st level – Mind Thrust, Demoralize, Vigor

Equipment:
Melee weapons
-Shortspear +0 (1d6, 20/x2) This length of dark oak is pointed at one end and looks sharp enough to be used in combat, while the other ends in a smooth sphere approximately large enough to be held comfortably in a hand. (1gp, 3lb)

Ranged weapons
-Heavy Crossbow +1 (1d10, 19-20/x2, 120 ft.) The stock of this heavy crossbow is reinforced with etched steel, while the bow is polished to a shining finish. Perhaps her fathers, it had remained over her mantle until she had need of it. (50gp, 8lb)

Mundane equipment
-Courtier’s Outfit (30gp, -lb)
-Signet Ring (5gp, -lb)
-Dagger (2gp, 1lb)
-Bolts, 20 (2gp, 2lb)

Weight Carried: 4 to 14lb
Remain money: 40gp

[/sblock]

Description
Shenystari is merely stunning. A thin silver chain accentuates her charmingly long neck, the mahogany dress she wears is cut to emphasize her natural curves and height. She wears a single ring of silver adorned with a flat, oval onyx on her left middle finger. Obscured by her brunette bangs, a thin silk headband woven with silver thread adorns her brow, the rest of her hair reaches to her shoulders.

Personality
Shenystari is a charming force of personality few can resist, although few realize the disturbing horrors she has seen, that is until she shows them. Although others worry about the balance of Light and Dark, she does her best to not trouble herself with such things.

Background
Shenystari is the daughter of a Kalashtar woman named Arylstari and a human merchant from Sharn named Kenneth. Her mother died in childbirth, leaving her father to take care of her. He did his best, although he was generally troubled by something which he would not tell her of, telling her little of her mother other than she passed away in childbirth. When she realized that she was not as normal as the children around her, her fine features and startling intellect, she began to question.

Her father never let her know what had truly happened though, afraid for his daughter, he kept her mother’s past from her. He thought that should he let her know she too would succumb to the madness which had befallen Aryl before her birth. Yet, it was not singularly that he was afraid of, he knew Aryl had been fleeing from the Dreaming Dark and the thought of his only blood taken from him scared him into silence when she questioned.

But it did not stop the Dreaming Dark from finding him one night while he was away on a merchant venture to an outlying town in Breland. They found him and tore through his mind but his love overcome their nightmares and he died rather than divulge his daughter.

When news reached back to Shenystari that her father had been murdered and that she was in charge of the small holdings of money and the apartment he had in Sharn, she took it upon herself to have a proper burial for her father. Spending a good deal of money, she had her father’s body returned to Sharn where he was properly offered up to the heavens in ashes and smoke. It was time for her own journeys, she spent the remaining money in search of her father’s killers, hiring inquisitors from various agencies. When they returned with information of the Dreaming Dark and stories of her mother, she sold the apartment and spent the remaining money hoping to flush out her own history.

What she flushed out was her own location to the Dreaming Dark, and it was in her discovery of them and her mother’s madness that they discovered her. She was not human like her father, but Kalashtar like her mother, the horrific nightmares that plagued her were echoes of her Quori spirits memories. Such horrible connection with the il-Lashtavar, “the darkness that dreams”, has caused many Kalashtar to turn her away from their peaceful communities, afraid of the latent darkness within her. A darkness which frightens herself and which the Dreaming Dark is so keen on acquiring.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
I would like to throw my hat in the ring as one of those people interested in filling the empty slot. Most the games I have been playing in slowed down or have died. I will post the character as soon as I get it created.

BTW, since 5 months have gone by since the beginning of this game and more Eberron books have come out.. which do you allow. I currently have access all of the Eberron books (Eberron Campaign Setting, City of Towers, Races of Eberron, Five Nations, Explorer's Handbook, and Magic of Eberron). Are any of these not allowed? And which ones do I have to consult with you to use?

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
My books that I have access to are listed in the first post. I have the Eberron core book, City of Towers, and Races of Eberron. If you want something from an Eberrron book I don't have, you'll have to e-mail the entire text of the item/feat/spell/whatever you want. I may consider it, but I make no promises. Just so you know. :)

Ferrix, your character looks good so far, now let's see that background! The background is the most important in this game. :)

Candide

First Post
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if possible. Though it seems you've got a full house.

I was thinking of playing a Dwarf Rogue or Urban Ranger(maybe both?). Grizzled detective type. Very noir, and Bogart-like

that, or a Barbarian from Sarlona. He'd take levels in Sorcerer and :eek: Dragon Disciple

Bront

The man with the probe
Candide said:
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if possible. Though it seems you've got a full house.

I was thinking of playing a Dwarf Rogue or Urban Ranger(maybe both?). Grizzled detective type. Very noir, and Bogart-like

that, or a Barbarian from Sarlona. He'd take levels in Sorcerer and :eek: Dragon Disciple
Welcome back :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads