• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion

D20Dazza

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
But please, you have done my House a great favor. Please, do me the favor of spending the night. I have many guest rooms, all quite fine, if I do say so myself,[/color]" Dargon says thoughtfully.
Bail stands and walks towards his host "I'm called Bail" he says as he introduces himself to the old dwarf "I not need bed, I'm used to hard floors and would sleep in your stables if anywhere tonight"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well now, I don't have stables this far up in the towers. No need for them really, we just use the skyships. But if my beds are too soft for you, I'll have the servants clear the floor of rugs in the guest room. Each man to his own. Now, as for the collar, it's old in style, but probably some respectible goblin owned it back in the day and his offspring or some scalywag got ahold of it. You could probably sell it to an antiquities dealer or someone like that, it has some historical value.

"Kazan, I thank you for your kind words. And I must say your Dwarven is quite good. I speak in Common so that your companions may hear... If any of you may desire employment in the future, I would readily hire you. I even have a job in the offing, but please, sleep on it first and consider it over breakfast," he says, and then rings for a servant.

The servant will guide you to an upper level with several small and tidy guest rooms. There's a chest, a small table, a bed, and a picher and basin. Each has a small window, barred and currently shuttered. The rooms share vents with a large stove far below, that wafts up warm air when the weather is cool. A thick blue candle sheds light on the subdued colors of gray, black and white patterned blanket upon the bed, turned down and scented with lavendar. A chamberpot underneath the bed is placed for your essential functions, and a soft rug warms the floor.

In the morning you feel extraordinarily rested and well. Your day even becomes better when you come down to breakfast. Dargon is not there (the servants say he is reviewing the contents of a vault and will be back within the hour), but a wide variety of food is spread out for you to choose from. Mushrooms, apples, grapes, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and raspberries are joined by fresh-baked bread, honey, butter, cold milk, and sweet water.

Next to each plate is a small belt pouch with a little paper tag on it. Each tag says the name of one person, along with the phrase, "A reward for a diligent stranger." Inside is ten pieces of platinum, ten pieces of gold, and ten pieces of copper.

OOC - Everyone gains back twice the normal hit points from resting (2x your level + Con mod)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rayni's mouth waters as she considers all of this delicious food. She hasn't eaten in a day, but she remembers her manners, so before digging in, she asks a servant with a shy smile (not having opened the bag on the plate yet).*

"Excuse me, sir--how much does the breakfast cost? And can I owe it to you or do I have to pay now?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
*Rayni's mouth waters as she considers all of this delicious food. She hasn't eaten in a day, but she remembers her manners, so before digging in, she asks a servant with a shy smile (not having opened the bag on the plate yet).*

"Excuse me, sir--how much does the breakfast cost? And can I owe it to you or do I have to pay now?"
Mel looks inside the bag, smiles, and tucks it away. She giggles when she hears Rayni's comments.

She says to Rayni "Silly, this is all on Dargun. He offered to house us, and for anyone of good standing that includes breakfast. Besides, why would he leave us a bag of coins and then charge us for breakfast?"

Mel digs in with wreakless abandon, eating a rather large portion of all the delicious food. She seems particularly fond of the bacon and the sweet rolls.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"A bag of coins?" Rayni asks looking at the bag and then smiling brightly, "Hey, I guess he did leave me a bag of coins! Hmm...well I wasn't sure if the food was free with the room. Back when I used to have money, I stayed at an inn in a small town and the food wasn't free...and then they found me too...that's when I learned that small towns were too dangerous. Anyways, if the food is free then I'll help myself--everyone likes free food, right?"

*Rayni hasn't eaten in a day and she hasn't eaten this well in significantly longer, and she consumes a vast amount of honeyed pancakes with fruit and milk, far more than it would seem her delicate feminine elven frame could reasonably contain.*

Someone

Adventurer
Harolk, male human fighter

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"

OOC - Everyone gains back twice the normal hit points from resting (2x your level + Con mod)

[ooc: Harolk is at top hit points, then]

Harolk had planned to do some night visit, but he fell asleep as soon he dropeed in the bed, wich is rare on him. The next morning, he prepares to just say goodbye and leave, but lo, there was more free food and free money, enough for weeks of fun. As he seats, ready to bravely attack the bacon, he pats Bail in the back: "Did you enjoy your floor, kid? Hey, come on, don´t look at me that way."

"You know"
says after a while. "I think this Dargon guy will have something to say, or to offer, when he comes back."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The servant looks at her for a moment, and then smiles. "Oh heavens, it doesn't cost a thing, miss. This is at the master's insistance," he says brightly.

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander(Arimart) - Half-Elf Spellthief

When he gets to his room, Kazan takes the pithcer, empties it's contents into the basin, and carefully balances it against the door to act as an alarm should anyone try to enter during the night.

He then takes out his notebooks and pencil, makes some notes and writes down his thoughts from the day, and prepares for sleep.

At breakfast the next morning, the half-elf checks the bag, knowing what to expect inside. He slips the coin into his own money pouch with satisfaction. He then laughs softly at Rayni's confusion over the meal.

He will look for an opportunity to speak to the others alone. If the servants are coming in and out, he will take the time to speak when they are away. If the servant(s) are watching over the meal at all times, he will speak to them in Dwarven(assuming they are dwarves), kindly asking them to give the group some time alone to discuss private matters. Once alone, he will announce to the others: "I have some things to show you, but it is wise that we keep these matters to ourselves, as we can never be sure who to trust." He will then ask Bail to hand him the book and amulet.

"These are all items that I found on the dead goblins. The book is a spellbook, and might prove useful to any of us who might be spellcasters. I haven't had a chance to read it, but I expect I will be able to decipher it once I have a chance to examine it. This amulet may be an important symbol of some kind, and could give us a clue as to who was behind the dwarf-napping. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I found a piece of paper with an address on it. I think some or all of us might want to go and check this location out, if any of you are interested in getting to the bottom of this mystery."

After explaining the items, Arimart adds: "As Harolk mentioned, it appears that Dargun will offer us some form of employment. I plan on accepting it, assuming it's something worthwhile, at least in the short term. It would be my hope that you will all agree as well, as you've proven to be capable and brave companions. However, I warn you all to be cautious. I've had dealings with members of the dragonmarked houses in the past, and I can assure you that things are never as they seem. It will be dangerous."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oooo, I'd like to look at the spellbook. I always wanted to learn that Magic Missile spell everyone is talking about!" Rayni gushes. "Soooo..." she ponders, "You don't like people with Dragonmarks, Ariimart?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads