• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Isida]*Vol...the Mark of Death. Rayni's blood ran cold.*

'It can't be...I'm not of the House of Vol...but my Dragonmark...Erandis d'Vol...the Blood of Vol...If so, I am a danger to everyone around me...I cannot allow myself to live...but taking death before my time is an insult to the Honoured Ancestors. They always say that an honoured death is not earned without an honoured life. This Blood of Vol...maybe they would know more about this? Or are they just frauds like some people think?'

*That night, Rayni's powers flare up in an uncontrolled shockwave of violet energy more powerful than any she had seen before. She shivers herself to sleep and hopes that nobody else noticed.*

*Later, Rayni tries to find out more about the Blood of Vol, the dangers of the Mark of Death's power, and the possibility of removing a Dragonmark.*

(OOC: Since we're skipping to the dinner thing, I guess there won't be any inter-party RP, so does Rayni know what's been going on with Mel, Bail, or Sheny?)[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Isida]Mel will help Rayni out in any other way if she can, and will likely confide in her most of what she learned about her namesake. (I'll do that in a different part).

Melanie Vega will see if she can at least get Bail to dinner, and is willing to back off to more subtle means if he's shying away from her more direct approaches. Ultimately, she's hoping he'll open up to him, as well as hoping the distraction helps keep Bail off of Melphina, Sheny and Rayni a little bit, though he is cute... and sweet...

Melody will continue her irregular appearances, showing up just enough to keep her name out there, but irregular enough to be a mystery. Hopefully, she can earn a little bit of coin for such rare appearances, or perhaps even make her way into a high end social Gala and see what the uper crust is talking about.

Melvin will keep on the look out, and see if he can get any info on Layferi d’Phiarlan and Isar’even Delena, though he'll try to be discrete about those.[/sblock]
[Sblock=Rayni] "Rayni, I found some information about my namesake! Apparently she had been sent to Sharn while very young to be groomed socialy to be married off, and was being courted by a scion of House Phiarlan before she was mysteriously called back to Valenar about 20 years ago, but there's no evidence that she went. Isar’even Delena, my Cousin or Aunt who lives in Shae Lias seems to know about her. I wonder if I should approach her and ask?" [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mel]"Phiarlan...some of the great Honoured Ancestors who first traveled to Aerenal were of that house. They are entertainers and artisans...but also, sometimes dealers in secrets. It would seem that your namesake's life was just as mysterious as your own. Do you think your father had anything to do with this?"

"Do you know anything about your cousin? Do you think she's nice? Or maybe that she might have had something to do with it? You might want to find out before you meet her. But she may be the best person to whom to turn."
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Rayni] "Well, it seems that was simply who was courting her, from what I gathered, she was preparing to be a courtly woman in all ways, though there could easily be more secrets. She couldn't have been 75 when she was sent away to Sharn though."

"As for the Cousin, I'd not approach her has Melphina, and I only have a name now. Perhaps if I learn more about her that will help."
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mel]*Rayni nods, putting a bookmark in her book and toying with her new spectacles in her other hand. She doesn't need them to read, of course, but she hopes it helps her fit in better with the local crowd. She takes them off and rubs her eyes, as she turns to smile at Mel.*

"Well, it may not seem like much at first, but I'm glad you've made some progress. I definitely suggest some more research on this Isar'even, and probably the Phiarlan lad as well."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Rayni] "It is. Have you made any progress in your research Rayni? Maybe I can help." [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mel]*Rayni gives a start and shakes her head quickly.*

"Sadly, it was all just a dead end. I guess it will have to remain a mystery forever. What I need most now is the support of friends as I try to learn to live with it...of course, most of my so-called friends abandoned me, and even the few who didn't do so outright are still far away in Aerenal."[/SBLOCK]

D20Dazza

Explorer
[sblock=Rayni, Sheyni, DM]As the weeks roll by, and the quartet finds itself becoming comfortable with life in Memthis, Bail finds himself spending less and less time at home with the girls. After all, there's a big city out there and and a public hungry for a rising Hrazhak star. People willing to buy drinks and food, tales to be heard and life to be lived.

Several times he had brought his team mates home with him, first to meet the girls and then afterwards because a couple of the lads fancied Mel and Rayni. He introduced the brothers Trev and Malik, Kevik and his mate Sharis, Zahn and the tiny but powerful Isha, and Lorn, hobbling on crutches because of his broken leg. Of course, Melanie Vega usually tagged along, hanging on his every word, her eyes undressing him, the youth oblivious to her intentions.

It was late on a rainy night when Rayni and Sheny heard the roar of laughter at the front door, and the fumbling of key in lock. Seems like Bail had arrived home, and from the sound of things he'd brought company - again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Rayni]Mel gives Rayni a reasuring hug. "Don't wory Rayni, I'm sure we can find something out, and I won't ever abandon you, I promise." [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mel](OOC: Oops, looks like Bail brought Melanie Vega to meet Mel with his summary! :lol: According to Back to the Future, that might unravel the Time-Space Continuum!)[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads