The Seven Deadly Yugoloths

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
OK, I cleaned up a few of the above. The iraloth's SR was 2 points too high, and I accidently omitted the iraloth and rapaxoloth's telepathy.

zeo_evil said:
One small thing, however. You keep writing "60ft" instead of "60 ft." and that is messed up. It must be your template.

I do not use templates, and pride myself on that fact. Please blame any faults in my formatting on my idiosyncracies. Anyway, #5.

Socoloth (Daemon of Sloth)
Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 15d8+150 (217 hp)
Initiative: -3
Speed: 5ft (1 square), climb 5ft
Armor Class: 26 (-1 size, -3 Dex, +20 natural), touch 6, flat-footed 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+25
Attack: Bite +21 melee (3d6+9 plus stun)
Full Attack: Bite +21 melee (3d6+9 plus stun)
Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, lethargy aura, spell-like abilities, stun, summon yugoloths
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, DR 15/good, fast healing 5, immune to acid and poison, resistance to cold 10, electricity 10 and fire 10, SR 28, telepathy 100ft, unmovable
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +5, Will +15
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 5, Con 30, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 20
Skills: Bluff +23, Climb +32, Diplomacy +27, Knowledge (any two) +18, Listen +22, Sense Motive +22, Spot +22
Feats: Ability Focus (lethargy aura), Diehard, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Weapon Focus (bite)
Environment: Bleak Eternity of Gehenna
Organization: Solitary, pair or blockade (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 16
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 16-30 HD (Large), 31-45 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

This creature is little more than a lump of flesh, with a wide mouth at one end and a long tail at the other.

A socoloth is a surprisingly dangerous creature given its appearance and utter apathy to all things.

Socoloths are the embodiment of sloth, and they fulfill this by rarely doing anything at all. They spend most of their lives asleep, and only react to the world around them when prompted by either force or the whispers of the ultraloths. In the Blood War, socoloths find “employment” as living blockades, their lethargy aura and breath weapon keeping creatures from entering vital areas or from escaping their own fortifications.

Combat
A socoloth will usually prefer to use means with as little movement needed as possible when attacked, such as its breath weapon and spell-like abilities. If attacked in melee, however, they will use their bite attacks.
The natural weapons of a socoloth, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Breath Weapon (Su): Three times per day, a socoloth can breathe a 90ft cone of sleep gas. Any creature caught within must make a Will save (DC 27) or fall asleep, regardless of HD, for 1d6+10 rounds. Such creatures do not wake up unless they take damage; no amount of shaking or loud noise will wake them The save DC is Constitution based.

Lethargy Aura (Su): All creatures within 60ft of a socoloth must make a Will save (DC 24) or be affected as if by the slow spell for as long as it remains within 60ft of the socoloth and for 15 rounds after it leaves the area of effect. If a creature makes its save, it is immune to the lethargy aura of that socoloth for 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma based.

Spell-like Abilities: At will- crushing despair (DC 18), dispel good (DC 20), greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs of items only), nightmare (DC 20); 3/day- blasphemy (DC 22), mage armor; 1/day- destruction (DC 22). Caster level 16th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Stun (Ex): Any creature hit by a socoloth’s bite attack must make a Fortitude save (DC 23) or be stunned for one round. The save DC is Strength based.

Summon Yugoloths (Sp): Once per day, a socoloth can summon 1d6 skeroloths or 1 nycaloth with a 60% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 7th level spell.

Unmovable (Ex): If a socoloth wants to stay where it is, it does. A socoloth gains a +10 racial bonus to all ability checks made to avoid being bull’s rushed or tripped.

Skills: A socoloth gains a +8 bonus to all Climb checks and can take 10 on a Climb check even when rushed or threatened.

Demiurge out.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I'm ba-ack...

Two things. First, I have edited all of the 'loths to have the customary disclaimer about natural attacks and DR. Second, I'm almost done!

Kataloth (Daemon of Pride)
Medium-sized Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 14d8+56 (119 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 30ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: 27 (+5 Dex, +12 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+16
Attack: Bite +17 melee (1d6+3 plus poison)
Full Attack: Bite +17 melee (1d6+3 plus poison) and 2 claws +12 melee (1d4+2)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Corrupt, gaze, poison, spell-like abilities, summon yugoloths
Special Qualities: Aura of confidence, change shape, darkvision 60ft, DR 15/good, immune to acid and poison, resistance to cold 10, electricity 10 and fire 10, SR 28, telepathy 100ft, true seeing
Saves: Fort +14, Ref +15, Will +15
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 26, Wis 20, Cha 26
Skills: Balance +8, Bluff +32, Climb +20, Concentration +22 (+26 when casting defensively), Diplomacy +36, Disguise +30 (+32 acting), Gather Information +26, Intimidate +34, Jump +22, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +26, Knowledge (the planes) +26, Listen +23, Search +26, Sense Motive +30, Spot +23, Tumble +23, Use Magic Device +26
Feats: Ability Focus (corrupt), Combat Casting, Improved Initiative, Persuasive, Quicken Spell-like Ability (suggestion)
Organization: Solitary or retinue (1 plus 1-4 mezzoloths and 1 nycaloth)
Challenge Rating: 16
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 15-42 HD (Medium-sized)

This creature, although dressed in court finery, is no nobleman. Its body is covered in tiny reflective scales and the eyes in its snake-like head burn with an evil intensity.

If arcanaloths are the greatest planners and manipulators in the Lower Planes, the kataloths are the greatest planners and manipulators in the Prime worlds. Although they are yugoloths, kataloths spend little time in their home plane, preferring to be active in the courts and kingdoms of mortals.

The kataloths are a relatively young caste of yugoloths, created by the General of Gehenna in order to bring more larva to Hades. Their high status in the yugoloth hierarchy has earned them the enmity of the arcanaloths, who (rightly) feel as if their status is threatened by these newcomers. The role of kataloths is primarily to infiltrate mortal lands, disguised as a mortal, and lure rulers and entire kingdoms into evil. They do this primarily by integrating themselves into the nobility (sometimes through assassinating an existing noble and replacing him) and then lying and manipulating their agenda into the fold. They prefer to do so with words alone, and only use their corruption ability if they fail by force of will.

Combat
Kataloths despise combat, and only fight if directly attacked. If possible, they will use words (and spell-like abilities) to dissuade opponents, and then use their gaze to immobilize any who remain unconvinced. If badly injured, they flee, often summoning other yugoloths to distract any pursuers.
The natural weapons of a kataloth, as well as any weapon it wields, are treated as evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Aura of Confidence (Su): A kataloth is supernaturally confident in its abilities, and this confidence imposes upon reality. Kataloths gain a +1 morale bonus to all attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks and saving throws (reflected above). In addition, all creatures within 40ft of a kataloth must make a Will save (DC 25) or take a -1 morale penalty to all attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks and saving throws. If a creature saves successfully, it is immune to that kataloth’s aura for the next 24 hours. The save DC is Charisma based.

Change Shape (Su): As a standard action, a kataloth can assume the form of any humanoid of Small, Medium or Large size. It cannot use its natural attacks in an alternate form, but it does have access to its spell-like and supernatural abilities.

Corrupt (Su): Perhaps the most insidious ability of the kataloth is its ability to turn good people to evil. A kataloth can use this ability three times per day. It must spend three rounds talking to its victim, and the ability fails if this process is interrupted. After the three rounds have passed, the victim sees in the kataloth’s reflective scales a vision of himself doing great things, if only he would listen to the kataloth’s advice. The target must then make a Will save (DC 27) or have its alignment shifted one step towards neutral evil. This shift happens first on the good-evil axis, and then on the law-chaos axis. The kataloth can use this ability multiple times on the same target, but needs another three uninterrupted rounds each time it uses the ability. This is a mind-influencing effect, and the save DC is Charisma based.

Gaze (Su): 60ft, hypnotism. This is as the spell, but there is no HD limit, and only creatures with more than 14 HD get a saving throw (Will DC 25 negates). The save DC is Charisma based.

Poison (Ex): The bite of a kataloth is deadly poisonous, causing its victims to swell grotesquely as their muscles liquefy. Fortitude DC 21 negates, 1d6 Str/2d6 Str.

Spell-like Abilities: At will- charm person (DC 19), crushing despair (DC 22), greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs of objects only), hold monster (DC 23), suggestion (DC 21), telekinesis (DC 23), unholy blight (DC 22); 3/day- blasphemy (DC 25), mass suggestion (DC 24), unholy aura (DC 26) Caster level 14th. The save DCs are Charisma based.

Summon Yugoloths (Sp): Once per day, a kataloth can summon 1d4 mezzoloths or 1 nycaloth with a 70% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 7th level spell.

True Seeing (Su): Kataloths have a continuous true seeing ability, as per the spell (caster level 14th).

Skills: Kataloths receive a +4 racial bonus to all Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate and Sense Motive checks.

Demiurge out.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
John Q. Mayhem said:
Lovely. I must say I'm looking forward to the Daemon of Lust :)
You really shouldn't. The reason I've put of the daemon of lust was because I had no idea how I could do it without making it an absolute succubus rip-off. I still don't know how. But here's my attempt.

Veneloth (Daemon of Lust)
Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar)

Hit Dice: 6d8+18 (45 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30ft (6 squares)
Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+6
Attack: Tongue lash +6 melee (1d6 plus disease)
Full Attack: Tongue lash +6 melee (1d6 plus disease)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft (10ft with tongue lash)
Special Attacks: Disease, gaze of lust, spell-like abilities, summon yugoloths
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, DR 10/good, immune to acid or poison, resistance to cold 10, electricity 10 and fire 10, SR 19, telepathy 100ft
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +7
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 26
Skills: Bluff +20, Diplomacy +22, Disguise +18 (+20 acting), Escape Artist +11, Hide +11, Intimidate +22, Listen +11, Move Silently +11, Sense Motive +11, Spot +11, Tumble +11, Use Rope +2 (+4 with bindings)
Feats: Ability Focus (disease), Dodge, Persuasive
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 9
Advancement: 7-18 HD (Medium)

This creature resembles a beautiful woman, with only her ram-like horns and faintly lavender skin showing any indication that she is not human.

Veneloths are cunning and shrewd yugoloths that exploit human lusts in order to spread death and disease. They are also sometimes referred to as “plague daemons”.

The horns and skin tone of the veneloths leads some sages to suspect that they are related to night hags, but both the hags and the yugoloths deny this. Veneloths are more often found in human lands then they are on their home plane, where they usually change forms like people change clothing in order to spread iniquity and their ever-present disease. Sometimes, a kataloth confident of its control will keep veneloths in its service as couriers and concubines.

Combat
Veneloths are capable of remaining in humanoid form indefinitely, thanks to their polymorph ability, and rarely are caught outside of it. They are poor combatants, and prefer to have others fight for them or to use their gaze of lust to avoid combat altogether, but if directly threatened will attack with their long, flexible tongues. A veneloth’s natural attacks, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned weapons for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Disease (Su): The preferred method that veneloths use to spread their disease is through acts of passion, but their long tongue also bears the disease. Fortitude DC 18 negates, incubation period 1 day, 1d6 Con. Each day after the first, on a failed save, an afflicted creature must immediately succeed on another Fortitude save or take 1 point of Constitution drain. Any creature touching the afflicted creature must also make a Fortitude save or contract the disease as well. The save DC is Constitution based.

Gaze of Lust (Su): Range 30ft, Will save DC 21 or be consumed with, and compelled to act upon, intense sexual desire. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Spell-like Abilities: At will- charm person (DC 19), darkness, enthrall (DC 20), greater teleport (self plus 50 lbs of objects only), polymorph (self only, humanoid forms of Small to Large size only), suggestion (DC 21); 3/day dominate person (DC 23), unholy blight (DC 22); 1/day- geas/quest, mass hold person (DC 25), mass suggestion (DC 24). Caster level 15th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Yugoloths (Sp): Once per day, a veneloth may attempt to summon 1d3 canoloths with a 50% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 4th level spell.

Skills: When using its polymorph ability, a veneloth gains a +10 bonus to Disguise checks.

Demiurge out.

Last edited:

zeo_evil

First Post
I will see what I can do!

"I still don't know how. But here's my attempt."

I will see what I can do. How about something that makes things want other things? I could see more versatile charm abilities (and the feats to go with them). Your call!

How about this!

Nymphomania/Satyriasis Gaze (Su): Psychosexual disorder (inordinate and uncontrollable sexual appetite in women and men, respectively), 30 ft., Fortitude DC 16 negates. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I just took zeo_evil's suggestion. The veneloth now has a gaze attack and more spell-like abilities (now with a caster level!). Should I increase the CR by 1 to reflect these changes?

Demiurge out.

zeo_evil

First Post
Well.

demiurge1138 said:
I just took zeo_evil's suggestion. The veneloth now has a gaze attack and more spell-like abilities (now with a caster level!). Should I increase the CR by 1 to reflect these changes?

Demiurge out.
I gut reaction would be +2, because the gaze "significantly improves combat effectiveness" because it is always active. The additional spell-like abilities don't add much, but is probably included in the +2. The level of the highest spell-like ability is 7th, so that might be too much. That is a 13th level caster, so keep in mind that level of magic shouldn't "hit the fan" at CR 7. But, too balance it all out I say add one Hit Dice and bring the spell-like abilities in line with the finished CR (7th level is too much and hold probably is too nasty with the gaze). +2 to the CR. Thoughts? Reply.

Remove ads