The Shackled City Pregame Thread

themind

Explorer
Ok everyone, here we go.

I will be running the Shackled City Adventure Path for you all. This will be run in Greyhawk.

I will be looking for 6 players, all starting at 1st Level.

Guidelines:
-3.5 Rules
- Books Allowed: Core books, Complete Books*, Races*
-Books not allowed:BoVD, BoED, FR books, Planar, Unearthed Arcana
-Core Classes only;*
-Core races only
-Stats: Roll 4d6, reroll all 1's, and drop lowest dice
-Max HP at 1st Level
-Max starting Gold

*- Run these by me first just so I know where I can find the stuff; I also don't many of the Races books. Also, I am not a big fan of psionics, if this is desired just talk to me about it.

I am sure I am forgetting something, but someone will probably point it out.

Also, we will need to discuss whether you want your character to be a Local to the City of Cauldron or arriving from elsewhere. Also whether the characters will know each other, or if you want to RP the meeting.

Quick question, which Dice Roller should we use.

Players:

derbacher

Explorer
Err, OK, I jumped the gun. I'll post a character AFTER we decide on a dice roller! (I guess I'm just used to point buy :eek: )

I also vote for being from Cauldron. Nice hometown feel...

Planning on a Paladin at the moment.

Blastin

First Post
I'm interested....never read any of the shackled ctiy stuff....
Only thing is that I have never played in a play by post game....

themind

Explorer
No you don't need to know anything about greyhawk. I think Cauldron was made for this adventure. Everything yo need to know about Cauldron is in the adventure. I will try and figure out a little preface for you.

See, I'd knew I would forget,

Alignment: Any non evil

Nadaka's looks nice, so we will go with that, unless someone else has a problem with it.

And Play by post gives a lot more chance for Roleplaying, although I have to warn you. The pace of a PbP game is slow, also, I tend to like to keep the game flowing, so if things start to slow down to much, I usually tend to get it bcak going again pretty quick.

Also, another I thing I should mention is that I will make the passive rolls for you, such as Listen, Spot, Sense Motive, search checks, and Knowledge checks. Anything that would be automatic preaty much. This will save time so we don't have to wait for everyone to post Listen and Spot checks when I ask for them. But if you guys declare that you want to make a check, say so and make the roll.

So if in a conversation with an NPC, and you want to either make a Diplomacy, Bluff, or Intimidate check, you can make it.

I will also suggest a Balanced Party, I always feel better when the party is balanced, although don't let this discourage you from playing a character you want to play. Play whatever you would like to play.

Oh and when doing stat rolls, use this for a name:

GMF-SC <user name>

Later, you can change the user name to character name.

Rapida

First Post
I have no ideal what I will be playing, but my rolls are under gmf-sc Rapida.

15 (5,4,1,5) (reroll 1 for another 5)
17 (2,6,1,6) (reroll 1 for a 5)
13 (6,4,3,3)
15 (6,5,4,4)
18 (6,6,6,3)
16 (6,1,4,5) (reroll 1 for another 5)

I used Nadaka's dice box. So confirm the legality of those rolls and I will be thinking about a character. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be the arcane caster.

Remove ads