The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Eluvan

First Post
Alister smiles grimly at Sye, nods, and taking a deep breath he makes a leap for the windows. Of course, the deep breath was something of a mistake. He coughs violently even as he springs towards the windows, and he realises this attempt is doomed to failure. Picking himself up off the floor and trying to find another vantage point from where the windows are accessible, without getting burned in the process, he prepares to make another attempt.

OOC:
[sblock]Jump 1d20[6]+0 = 6

Why does Invisible Castle hate me?

Anyhow, I've assumed that that roll was a failure... I think that's fair, since even with the bonuses from Sye's actions I've still basically got nowhere, taking into account the +10 DC for no running start. If by some miracle it's a success lemme know and I'll gladly edit. :p If not then I'll be trying again next round... I'll let you handle that one I think tyler, if you don't mind, and hope that your dice mojo is stronger than mine. :D[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Lily spends a moment listening to the noises of Duncan in the ship...then sets her jaw and enters the flaming wreck as well, stooping over to keep low, and heading towards the area she heard him last.

tylermalan

First Post
Lily:

You enter the blaze that has grown in intensity since you left Duncan to his own devices. Two exits, one which appears to be leading towards the source of the smoke, the other, away from it, stand before you. Duncan hasn't made any noise in awhile now.

Alister:

[sblock]Lol, hopefully you're right :) About to roll now... I'll post the results of your recent attempt and then again later with the new attempt[/sblock]

As you search for a good vantage point, you find a desk nearby the windows that seems to be in good condition. Hopping on top and crouching down, you prepare to leap out the window (avoiding the shattered glass of course). As you start to jump, your foot catches and slips on something, and you fall to the ground, your father on top of you because he was on your shoulders (chances are he didn't get any more hurt from the fall, so that's good at least). After the fall you pick yourself back up with help from Sye and clear off the desk, about to try again.

tylermalan

First Post
Alister:

You hop up on top of the desk, about to try again to clear the window. Springing out, this attempt is much more successful, as you make it clear to the window and out, only clipping a few pieces of broken glass on your way out. As you exit the window and look down, it seems to be a bit farther than you thought, and your descent is a bit wobbled. You hit the ground on your feet, but at an angle, and you tip over onto the ground as you try to keep your father on your shoulders. You are both no worse for wear.

Sye:

You see Alister make it out the window and fall to the ground upon contact, stumbling.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"Excellent, sir! I'll see you out there!" Sye yells once they are clearly through the window. Glad they made it safely out, Sye turns and tries to leave back the way they came after taking a quick look for anyone else alive.

[Sblock]Assuming she finds nobody alive and can make it back out the way that they came in she finds herself short of breath and exits the ship to reclaim her fiddle. If not, She'll try to jump out herself and then run around the ship to reclaim her fiddle.[/Sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Duncan!" Lily yells, trying to fan smoke away from her face with a cupped palm. "Duncan, are you all right? Answer! I'm in the ship, I'm trying to find you!"

She coughs and fans harder. "Anyone!" On raising her voice, Lily keeps trying to follow where Duncan's voice had been coming from.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Vaeris looked at the downed man in the cold stare of a trained killer, "You are fine, I have administered a healing potion. I'll get you out of here if you'll trust me." He held his hand forth as he heard Lily call out, "Miss Foster, I have a survivor." He shouted, "Follow my voice." He turned once more to the man, "Cover your face with your clothing as I have covered mine and keep low, we'll move for the girl and freedom." He kept his hand out for the man to take.

Eluvan

First Post
Immensely relieved to be out of the ship, Alister lays his father down on the ground and sets to trying to determine what state of health he is in, doing the best he can with his very limited medical knowledge.

tylermalan

First Post
Sye:

You do indeed find someone else alive. Amid you immediate search, you hear a cough, and following the sound leads you to another downed officer, one whom you do not recognize. He is laying face up on the ground, unconscious.

Lily:

You can somewhat discern what direction Duncan's voice is coming from, and from the two choices of direction to choose from, you know which one to take to reach him. You barge through that door into another longer room with a door at the end. You make your way towards that door...

Duncan:

The man doesn't seem to be coherent, and doesn't react to your words. He continues to shrink back away from his blood.

Alister:

You can tell that your father is alive, unconscious, and breathing, but beyond that you cannot determine anything. You can't tell is he has any internal injuries or broken bones, or anything else of that sort.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye attempts to see if she can lift the person up. Sye yells as loud as she can for Alister, "Sir, I have another officer in here. This one's alive as well!"

Remove ads