The Speaker in Dreams (IC)

nonamazing

Explorer
Ivellios' jaw drops open as he witnesses the horror taking place below. We have to help these people., Ivellios thinks, as he peels off his gloves and reaches for the silver coin at his belt--the engraved medallion specially consecrated as a holy symbol of Correlon. "Please, shining one, hear my prayer now," Ivellios whispers. A few seconds later, a brief burst of divine chorus is heard as a shining sword of faith, composed of pure holy energy, suddenly appears next to the largest wererat. Mentally, Ivellios commands the divine weapon to distact the brutish monster, hoping to buy the hapless guard a few more seconds.

His spell finished, Ivellios quickly shouts down to his companions. "Noraa! Broderick! Fionna! Wererats ahead!"

OOC:
Ivellios will cast Spiritual Weapon, summoning a longsword (which will last for 3 rounds). He'll summon it next to the wererat attacking the guard. In this first round, Ivellios just wants to distract the monster so as to hopefully save the guard (Ivellios will have the sword attempt an 'aid another' action for the guard, giving him a +2 AC if successful). The sword has a +6 to hit (and would deal 1d8+1 damage, but isn't doing damage this turn).

Kafkonia

First Post
Wererats? Save this for a spellcaster... Noraa returns the thunderstone to her pack and un-peace-bonds her longbow, preparing to fire at a beasty should the opportunity present itself -- especially if she can catch them unawares.

Rayex

First Post
Fionna - Halfling Sorcerer

Wincing at the mention of wererats, the young sorcerer will remove her peacebond, and ponder what to do next.

OOC: Use an action to remove the bonds.

Fenris

Adventurer
Broderick swears in dwarven. "Wererats! in this little village, in the day! I smell a rat indeed" and Broderick continues to psuh his way through the crowd.

OOC: [sblock] Can I remove the peace bond over two rounds? If I can I would like to move and untie it this round then move and remove the bag next. If not, just moving as far as I can, I will get the axe out though.[/sblock]

Nero Kingsley

First Post
A sword of holy energy appears between the hulking wererat and the wounded guard, slashing at the wererat forcing it to parry its blows. Noraa unties and removes the leather bag from her quiver of arrows, though she is unable to get a clear shot without risking hitting innocent bystanders fleeing the chaos. Fionna unties the bonds from her hands and and the leather pouch she was forced to place her spell components while Broderick manages to wade his way through the crowd to the action. With all the chaos going on, the wererats do not notice the dwarf's presence. There are four of them in all (including the apparent leader), as well as several dire rats apparently at their command.

Fenris

Adventurer
Broderick calmly unties his axe, tossing the peacebond bag onto the ground.

'Damnable things, cost me a good swing at 'em' he thinks.

Once his axe is free, he lets out a long shrill whistle.

"Come on boyos, the better rat trap is here!" he calls out to the wererats.

Rayex

First Post
Fionna - Halfling Sorcerer

Getting her fingers free Fionnas mind races as to how to best handle the situation. "Wererats. Nasty things, I've heard. Better give what help I can."

OOC:
If Broderick is in melee range of the rats, and ready to strike them, Fionna will cast Enlarge Person on him. If he is out of range of them, or out of range for Fionna, she will run toward the commotion and take out her wand of Magic missiles.

Last edited:

nonamazing

Explorer
"Thank you, my lord," Ivellios whispers. "Once again, your blade protects the weak and defies the strong." Ivellios then begins restringing his bow and untying the cords from around his bundled arrows.

As he hastily prepares his weapon, Ivellios shouts out to the panicking crowd below, giving them directions as best he can. "Calm down! Move carefully! Help the person next to you!"

OOC:
Ivelios will take a full-round action to ready his bow. As he does so, he'll do what he can to give direction to the crowd (help them get away from the battle, clear the street, etc.).

Kafkonia

First Post
"Fools," Noraa mutters to herself, trying to get a clear shot at the rats. "Out of my way!"

OOC: If she can't get a shot off without firing into melee, Noraa will unsheath her sword and try to set up a flanking position with her dwarven companion.

Nero Kingsley

First Post
The wererats instantly take notice of Broderick's taunt and turn to face him - save for the largest, who is quite occupied by a guard and a floating sword, and takes a nasty blow to the shoulder from the blade of holy energy. One of the wererats lets loose a loud hiss, bearing it's long, crooked, and yellow fangs, and the dire rats immediately turn to face the dwarf as well. They all move in to attack as Broderick suddenly grows several feet, causing them to take pause as they charge and allowing Noraa an easy shot at one of the wererats as she lodges an arrow in its chest, dropping it instantly. Three more guards can be seen shoving their way through the crowd, as well.

((The sword scores a critical hit, and everyone else manages to reach the wererats this turn. Next turn, the wererats and dire rats will be close enough to move into melee and attack. Please include initiative mods, attack mods, and how much damage you do for the next round.))

Remove ads