• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds...

Arani Korden

First Post
Arani remains in Studious Mode as the ship takes off, not even looking up as she lifts up her legs to let the rolling Sia-Lan pass. She makes a note to pay close attention to Lady Olivya, Saeed Assadi, and Dr. Ae-Sook; she plans to watch everyone, of course.

Finally, she looks up, and activates a nearby comm panel. "Everyone still in one piece? Good. In two hours, I want to see everyone in the lounge. We're going to go over some of the more common courtly dances of the sector; I want everyone to look their best. No one is excused.

And while we don't have to dress for dinner on the ship, we will be practicing formal dining etiquette at every meal until we arrive.

That is all. Enjoy the next two hours. Then you're mine."

With that, she turns to Dorn. "So."

Set Harth

First Post
OOC:
OOC: I don't have anything to add other then I'll be gone for the next two weeks and unable to post, So Put Set on Auto Pilot and I'll see you all on the 23rd.

Set Out

Rorworr

First Post
Rorworr peers back over his seat as Sia rolls the length of the ship. "Don't say I didn't warn you..."

Turning his attention back to the annoyed voices coming in over the comms, he does his best to placate Space Control.

Dorn Tavers

First Post
Arani Korden said:

Finally, she looks up, and activates a nearby comm panel. "Everyone still in one piece? Good. In two hours, I want to see everyone in the lounge. We're going to go over some of the more common courtly dances of the sector; I want everyone to look their best. No one is excused.

And while we don't have to dress for dinner on the ship, we will be practicing formal dining etiquette at every meal until we arrive.

That is all. Enjoy the next two hours. Then you're mine."

With that, she turns to Dorn. "So."

Dorn smiles and leans toward Arani, a slightly mischievous look in his eye.

"So...do I have to wait two hours before I'm all yours as well? That's kind of disappointing."

He pauses for a moment, and then an almost embarrassed look crosses his youthful features.

"By the way...um...I'm not too familiar with courtly dancing in general, so I want to apologize in advance in case I step on your toes or something."

Arani Korden

First Post
Dorn Tavers said:
"So...do I have to wait two hours before I'm all yours as well? That's kind of disappointing."

Arani tosses the datacard onto the table. "For the next two hours, I am all yours. No etiquette lessons. No studying character profiles. No rummaging through surveillance equipment. Just you, and me."

She looks around the lounge.

"So what do you want to do with me? I'm afraid a walk is out of the question."

"By the way...um...I'm not too familiar with courtly dancing in general, so I want to apologize in advance in case I step on your toes or something."

"I'll wear boots."

Pbartender

First Post
A hoot and a whistle sounds form the back corner of the cockpit, and Bait's text translation rolls across Kelko's heads-up display... {The Redline is now clear of Mrlsst's gravity well. Would you like me to plot the first hyperjump?}

Last edited:

Arani Korden

First Post
ooc: Just checking in. Since Arani's tied up with Dorn at the moment and in to position to answer bait, that leaves me with the following:

A letter to Naira Korden

Hey, Sis,

I hear that the Queen managed to make it through the blockade and reach Coruscant. I'm sure that means the blockade will be lifted soon, and you'll be able to recieve these letters. I was planning to deliver them all at once, but that may not happen now. I'll explain about that a bit later.

The bad news is, of course, that the Queen succeeded where I failed, which will add even more material to Mother's "Arani, you're not living up to your potential" speech, as if 'Look at Amidala. She's the same age age as you and she's Queen, while you haven't been elected to anything' wasn't bad enough.

We are all alive and well, and will leave Mrlsst tomorrow for a secret mission, which I can't tell you about yet. Because it's secret. Mrlsst is wonderful. After the Jungle Planet of Doom and Giant Snakes and Oasis Station, I had begun to give up hope on the rest of the galaxy, but there really are places out here that rival Naboo. The treestalks are huge. Really huge.

I haven't seen Aunt Agatha yet. My friend Deel has, though, and he's the one who arranged for us to go on the secret mission which I can't tell you about yet. I can tell you that I'll be dressed fabulously. I'm attaching a holopic of me in the gown I'll be wearing. It should give you some idea of what's In here in the Tapani Sector.

I don't know when I'll be home. When all this is over, I plan to ask Aunt Agatha if I can stay on for a little while, and see the Sector while working for House Cadriaan. My love to you, and Mother and Father, and of course the twins. But especially you. I'll write again soon.

Love, Arani.

p.s. It's only been a few hours since I ended the letter, but something happened right after I finished it. It involves D. I think you'll be happy. I know I am. More later.

Kelko

First Post
Pbartender said:
A hoot and a whistle sounds form the back corner of the cockpit, and Bait's text translation rolls across Kelko's heads-up display... {The Redline is now clear of Mrlsst's gravity well. Would you like me to plot the first hyperjump?}

Kelko nods encouragingly to the droid. "Why not, little buddy?" he says. "Plot us the fastest route to the Hunt you can find." He shrugs out of his safety harness, gets up and pats the little domed droid. Stretching his long thin limbs and cracking his knuckles, he turns to his Wookiee co-pilot. "So, what do we do until the ship crashes into something? Game of some sort?"

Pbartender

First Post
Bait acknowledges Kelko's request. By the time he and Rorworr decide how to pass the time, the ship has contacted the hyperbouy on the Hellios route and slid into hyperspace for the first leg of the journey.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads