D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Klaus thats great!

I think at gencon this was "Players Handbook:..." Player Option would slot into essentials more easily. I would actually be surprised if it remains a hardcover.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Hey, that's my birthday! It comes pre-gift wrapped with a pic of one of my favorite monsters... the displacer beast! (Nevermind the fact it's being pwned.)

I look forward to getting it on the 8th at my FLPGS.

Matt James

Game Developer
I'm one of the co-authors for the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786958383?ie=UTF8&tag=loremaster-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0786958383"]Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale[/ame] should anyone have questions. I can't answer everything, but I will answer what I can. I'm partial, but it should be a bad-ass product ;)

Last edited:

Mercurius

Legend
I'm one of the co-authors for the Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale should anyone have questions. I can't answer everything, but I will answer what I can. I'm partial, but it should be a bad-ass product ;)

Thanks for the offer, Matt, I'm going to take you up on it ;). I think a question a lot of people have is what happened to the Nentir Vale Gazetteer, whether it is being folded into the Monster Vault product, postponed, or outright canceled?

Matt James

Game Developer
I'm not sure I can get into specifics about exact monsters, but it will have a full range of creatures and encounters that you can toss at players. As well, tokens and four color maps will be found within that you can use for different types of terrain. There is a ton of new monsters as well as some creates of old ;).

I have no clue about the Nentir Vale Gazetteer. In fact, I only learned about that AFTER I had worked on this product :)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Well, thats an exciting new feature of this thread!

From the podcast and its essentials nature, the first MV would seem to focus on iconic monsters, and while we have seen the elder red dragon, my guess is that it probably has a lot of heroic tier stuff.

How is this distinguished: more higher level monsters, new twists on existing monsters? Also you mention new monsters, how new?

ggroy

First Post
I have no clue about the Nentir Vale Gazetteer. In fact, I only learned about that AFTER I had worked on this product :)

More generally, is it safe to assume that design and development is already finished on "Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale", and that editing is almost finished (or already done)?

Matt James

Game Developer
Keep in mind that I worked on the Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale, and not the Monster Vault: Essentials that is coming out shortly.

GGRoy: Probably. I'm not sure. I am just a freelancer and I am not fully clued in on the development process (design vs. development-- two different animals). Generally speaking communication is great between designers and developers so I assume a lot of it was completed shortly after I handed over my work. For instance-- I couldn't design a crazy-insane monster that broke all design/development rules and NOT hear about it. So, taking that into consideration-- it's safe to assume it has move significantly beyond those stages.

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Matt, is there anything you can tell us?

How about: where most of the monsters pre-selected, or could you pitch in some of your own.

EDIT: I guess not!

Last edited:

Remove ads